If It Makes U Feel Any Better...suh Still Sucks Against The Run | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If It Makes U Feel Any Better...suh Still Sucks Against The Run

Jay131866

Scout Team
Reaction score
Just thought it was funny to hear how bad the Rams run defense has been this season. Although ours is still worse, people around here missing Suh b/c we can't stop the run are just thinking wishfully. Rams have the best interior Dline duo in the league and they are still getting gashed. Suh has always been overrated as a run defender imo.

Here is a funny quote from an ESPN article in response to Suh talking about how great the defenses he has been on in the past were...

"You'll excuse Suh if his memory is a bit hazy. His early-career Lions teams were torched on the ground, giving up an average of 100-plus rushing yards his first three seasons. Given his propensity to get up-field fast, offenses consistently wham-blocked Suh for big gains early in his career. During Suh's first two years in Miami, his defenses gave more than 2,000 yards on rushing, per Pro Football Reference. Heck, just last year, the Dolphins allowed 294 rushing yards in one game to the Carolina Panthers (201 from running backs)."

How crazy is that? I expected Suh to dominate a lot more now that he’s next to Donald. But nope! He seems like just another guy.

Makes you realize how much we over valued the guy.

How crazy is that? I expected Suh to dominate a lot more now that he’s next to Donald. But nope! He seems like just another guy.

Makes you realize how much we over valued the guy.

Yup you wouldn't expect anyone to be able to run on the Rams at all. The main reason I didn't like when we signed Suh originally was bc I didn't think he would help that much against the run, which is what we needed when we signed him. That was such a terrible contract for that position. I will give credit to Suh for the fact that the guy is never hurt though, that alone was worth somewhat of a premium.

The only thing dumber than signing him to that initial contract was restructuring it.

Who knew that paying franchise QB money to a defensive tackle wasn’t going to propel the team to a Super Bowl?

But the Dolphins have an obsessive need to be the champions of the off-season because they sure as hell aren’t going to be the champions of the actual season.

The only thing dumber than signing him to that initial contract was restructuring it.

Who knew that paying franchise QB money to a defensive tackle wasn’t going to propel the team to a Super Bowl?

But the Dolphins have an obsessive need to be the champions of the off-season because they sure as hell aren’t going to be the champions of the actual season.

That was classic Tannenbaum making his big splash after being in charge. I think the majority of fans knew it was a mistake when it happened. He seems to have reigned it in a little bit this past offseason, lets hope it stays in check.

I got torched for not liking the signing ... then again for how he was being used ... then again after the restructure. He's a damn good player but it was just never doable financially ... even moreso after the idiotic restructure.

That Rams D line is built to get after the passer. And it's working ... they're winning. I don't know how you can look at their record and say he's in any way a problem. 33 tackles and 3.5 sacks halfway through the season is better than anything the Dolphins have. He's well on his way to a better season than any year he was with Miami. I wonder if it has anything to do with what's around him ...

This is right up there with Ajayi not getting any credit for the Eagles winning a SB. Both those guys helped their current teams get to where they are.

I got torched for not liking the signing ... then again for how he was being used ... then again after the restructure. He's a damn good player but it was just never doable financially ... even moreso after the idiotic restructure.

That Rams D line is built to get after the passer. And it's working ... they're winning. I don't know how you can look at their record and say he's in any way a problem. 33 tackles and 3.5 sacks halfway through the season is better than anything the Dolphins have. He's well on his way to a better season than any year he was with Miami. I wonder if it has anything to do with what's around him ...

This is right up there with Ajayi not getting any credit for the Eagles winning a SB. Both those guys helped their current teams get to where they are.

He has always been a good pass rusher, but imo overrated against the run. It seemed like tannenbaum was bringing him in to be this monster run stuffer. The rams are in the bottom 10 in the league at stopping the run right now. Luckily their offense is making up for the deficiencies.

He has always been a good pass rusher, but imo overrated against the run. It seemed like tannenbaum was bringing him in to be this monster run stuffer. The rams are in the bottom 10 in the league at stopping the run right now. Luckily their offense is making up for the deficiencies.

They brought him to go after the passer. In no way, shape, or form do teams dish out that kind of dough for a run stuffing DT. Those guys are a dime a dozen and come super cheap. That's why it was so bizarre they put a rook DT next to him who couldn't eat up enough snaps or blockers. Dolphins ****ed that situation up in every single way imaginable.

They brought him to go after the passer. In no way, shape, or form do teams dish out that kind of dough for a run stuffing DT. Those guys are a dime a dozen and come super cheap. That's why it was so bizarre they put a rook DT next to him who couldn't eat up enough snaps or blockers. Dolphins ****ed that situation up in every single way imaginable.

I remember thinking we could have signed a big fat NT and re-signed Odrick at the same time for about 1/10th of what we gave Suh. I have a feeling that Tannenbaum actually thought Suh was elite against both the run and pass, and that he would solve both problems.

Yeah as really Suh he is now with the Rams. Could be a blessing in disguise over his departure. Or is it?!

Back
Top Bottom