If Jacksonville traded down... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Jacksonville traded down...

FINOMINAL

Scout Team
Reaction score
If I am Jacksonville I would seriously consider giving up that number one pick for a deal like I have seen thrown around for Watson. Carolina was willing to throw their entire draft for two years I think. Imagine when Andrew Luck was drafted, they could have had third round guy Nick Foles and probably won just as many games and the guy would still be playing. A super bowl MVP. And a truck load of picks. I think Jax would be better off with the help all around and 6’5” Trask and the moustache as backup than Trevor, who may be the next Peyton Manning on a team that is just ok, or Lawrence could be another Ryan Leaf on a team that is just ok. There is that chance. You can’t go wrong with multitudes of solid across the board trying to build a repeat contender. One guy doesn't guarantee anything. Brady went to a pretty solid Tampa Bay. Jacksonville is far from pretty solid, but they could really turn it around very fast with multiple playmakers on both sides of the ball. It has to be tempting to Urban Meyer.

Meyer's already said it's Lawrence.

Is this even Fin related?

The answer to this thread title is ....

The internet explodes.

Never going to happen. A team that has gotten it so wrong for so long, now has a chance to make one of the most obvious picks of all time, for Watson who is currently in a **** storm of uncertainty. It just makes no sense to do so.

Jaguars might trade down on their 2nd round pick.

I apologize for posting in the wrong forum. I hardly ever look in any of the other ones, to be honest.

It'd be worth it if Kiper's hair were to fall out.
LOL, I love me some Mel Kiper, his passion and confrontational nature is the main reason the Draft became big time TV in the first place. :D

LOL, I love me some Mel Kiper, his passion and confrontational nature is the main reason the Draft became big time TV in the first place. :D

Kiper & Berman did make the draft what it was. They have become parodies of themselves IMO.

I prefer NFL N. Love Eisen's sense of humor. It's not the same w/o Mayock's insight though

Kiper & Berman did make the draft what it was. They have become parodies of themselves IMO.

I prefer NFL N. Love Eisen's sense of humor. It's not the same w/o Mayock's insight though
Very true! If Berman were still announcing I'd say he needs to go back, back, back, back back to his earlier announcing days! Kiper has never been the most accurate or most insightful, but his passion makes it interesting and his information is generally solid. He just doesn't really know how to weight things, so he sometimes looks out of touch.

Totally agree. Kiper is to the NFL draft what Dickie V is for college football.

I don’t always agree with Mel, but he is extremely passionate and knowledgeable. He was doing this back when the NFL was hosting in a hotel lobby and the majority of fans weren’t even watching or caring.

Kiper helped to make it a bigger thing. The other pro sports have tried, but none have replicated what the NFL did with their draft.

That said, I sure wish they’d go back to a more truncated version. I hate it spread out so much.

How about rounds 1 and 2 on Thurs, 3 and 4 on Fri, and 5,6,7 on Sat??

Totally agree. Kiper is to the NFL draft what Dickie V is for college football.

I don’t always agree with Mel, but he is extremely passionate and knowledgeable. He was doing this back when the NFL was hosting in a hotel lobby and the majority of fans weren’t even watching or caring.

Kiper helped to make it a bigger thing. The other pro sports have tried, but none have replicated what the NFL did with their draft.

That said, I sure wish they’d go back to a more truncated version. I hate it spread out so much.

How about rounds 1 and 2 on Thurs, 3 and 4 on Fri, and 5,6,7 on Sat??
Great comparison! Dickie V is fantastic, and his passion is missed!

True. Still can't stand him.

He said he'd retire in 2018 if Jimmy Clausen wasn't a successful NFL QB. I respect a man that sticks to his word.

Back
Top Bottom