If Jay is serious about thinking he is a $5mill man | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Jay is serious about thinking he is a $5mill man

Who should be our QB is Jay keeps the $ in his eyes

• Lucas

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Mcknown

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Trent Dilfer

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Troy Aikmen

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Trade the farm for Harrington or Carr

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
I voted for Cade, too; but find it hard to believe he will make less mistakes than Jay; particularly based on the 2nd half of the year, but he would say us mucho dinero to spend on the OL.

i agree mcnown will make his share of mistakes but he's young and much more talented than jay . and with time he too will make less mistakes like jay .but being young and having talent like mcnown has i would take the chance . and you're right he'll save us a serious amount of cap money to sign the likes of williams or james and that would make the ol alot better plus the return of health bodies to the ol . i still think miami has a good ol cause of the injuries this year they still didn't play that bad considering , i think it was just a freak accident to have so many o-linemen hurt , i mean we where down to third stringers playing most of the year for us. i'm sure next year with our starters in we'll have a much better line than this year .;)

Re: Re: Hey Miadphan

Originally posted by miadphan13

Hey buddy - I don't deal with Yahoo IM very often b/c I had to many strangers IM me and it was annoying, even when I was in "stealth" mode. All of my FinHeaven buds are on AIM, so I hang out on that more. I will IM you often unless you want to download AIM???? :D

Maaaannnnnn,

nobody ever IMs me....

:cry:

Originally posted by FFiB
why would Jay be serious....

Its a negotiating ploy....

here is our number, where is yours???
I actually hope you are right, but I am not sure since there is such a dearth of available starting QB's our there.

Originally posted by dolphan39
I actually hope you are right, but I am not sure since there is such a dearth of available starting QB's our there.

Grbac, Green, Hasselbeck and B Johnson were lucky last year because a few teams were desperate at QB. This year I don't see the urgency at QB.

Fiedler/Levy know that nobody will pay them 5 million/year. Its a business ploy. Why say "hey, just pay me 2 million"? Why not go for what you can get or get the most out of it?

He'll sign with us or someone else for about 2.5 to 3 million/year for 3 or 4 years. The contract will be heavily backloaded with an evenly spread signing bonus.

If Fiedler signs with us he'll be with us a max of 2 years while we groom another QB.

I also voted for............

Cade to be our starter for '02. He's got some untapped talent which I think we need to find out if he can utilize it or not. We also need to find out how committed he is to the game of football now. I've heard through the grapevine that Cade has changed his working habits entirely(i.e. staying after practice to work with QB coach Mike Shula, listening in on coaches interaction with Jay, etc.).

Re: I also voted for............

Originally posted by aqua&orange54
Cade to be our starter for '02. He's got some untapped talent which I think we need to find out if he can utilize it or not. We also need to find out how committed he is to the game of football now. I've heard through the grapevine that Cade has changed his working habits entirely(i.e. staying after practice to work with QB coach Mike Shula, listening in on coaches interaction with Jay, etc.).
i think he'd do fine he was just inmature and he played for a gosh awful team he's got the talent and i think he learned that playing in the nfl is a blessing from god look at bret favre or john elway two great qb's whom the pro's said, lots of talent but has attitude problems when they joined the league and look what they've done 3 super bowls rings and for sure hall of famers ;)

Back
Top Bottom