• yes

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • no

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters

$UpErBoWlCh@Mp

Practice Squad
Reaction score
If jimmy smith is released is he worth trying get.

I think we sould take a look at him. what do u guys think

I think we should, but maybe the Clump man can tell us how much cap room we have. I don't think we can afford him.

He would definitely be worth trying to get, the only problem would be with what kind of salary he would want.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
He would definitely be worth trying to get, the only problem would be with what kind of salary he would want.
I agree with you that salary ramifications would be a problem, but strongly disagree with it being the only one. With him coming out of rehab/substance abuse suspension I'd be much more concerned with the one type of snow that is abundant in Miami.

He's one of the best receiver in the NFL.

Smith, Chambers,Thompson,McKnight,Tolver pairing with McMichael and Lee to go along Williams rushing...

It would be dumb to not at least take a look at the guy.

IMO we need as much positive as we can get. .

Keep the yayo sniffer out ;).

I don't like the thought of McMicheal and Chambers looking up to Smith...Wanny has a history of going for attitude over substance ( production not drugs :D )...
Also we'll probably add a LB or an OL not a WR..

Originally posted by Emskirch
I think we should, but maybe the Clump man can tell us how much cap room we have. I don't think we can afford him.

If he's released, he cannot be claimed on waivers. He's an UFA and he and a team can make a deal that could be fit under your cap. But that is likely only the vets minimum for at least 2003 season.

I voted no for 2 reasons. The first is that he would have to sit the initial 4 games played after we signed him. That would be a waste of a roster space. The other reason isthat he would want too much money.

He's a good guy gone bad basically. Word on the street is in recent years he's diverged from his good guy image and has started to hang out with a bad crowd again and is being rude to teammates and whatnot.

The dude is 34 years old. 34! He's obviously on his decline here, and the cocaine addiction will not help matters at all. Even if things went perfect for him in Jax this season (ie no cocaine addiction and suspension) I seriously doubt he would have caught for 1000 yards.

Keep him OUT of Miami. Don't even look at him. It sends the wrong message to the players who have worked their butts off and have shown talent to get on this roster, like Simmons and Tolver. If you're going to keep a veteran in place of one of those guys, it should be OG who the roster is familiar with and confident in.

Right now, there is absolutely no reason to think that Jimmy Smith could come in and do better than Chris Chambers, Derrius Thompson, or even James McKnight. Seriously. He's no longer what he was, and we saw that for ourselves when we played the Jags and Alphonso Roundtree easily blanketed the guy. I like Alphonso, but he's no Charles Woodson.

I worked with Jimmy Smith his senior year in HighSchool. I was Asst. Manager at a grocery store in North Jackson(Mississippi) and he was a cashier. It is hard to believe it is the same person we are hearing about now. He was an ubelievably nice kid. I wonder if he got to seeing the end of his career and just kind of lost it. I prob. would not try to get him. I think it does send the wrong message. I like Simmons and Tolver as our 4-5 guys. I also happen to think Sage is ready to be our #2 QB.

Back
Top Bottom