If Mare won't take a paycut..how about.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Mare won't take a paycut..how about..

I'll keep Mare. Mare is in a slump... he went from 90% to the upper 70s the last 2 seasons. Something is wrong, but I think he can get it corrected. He also is the best kickoff guy in the NFL. Not to mention the master of the onside kick.

They changed Punters mid season. Mare Improved when Turk held the ball. Also, the dolphins switched long snappers. both sucked too. It's a triangle situation .. If 1/3 sucks, it's over.

Gramatica just became a free agent, as Arizona chose not to tender him.

Be careful with this guy. Three years in the league and he already has a torn ACL and a back problem that kept him out of 12 games and put him on IR last year.

I mean, Mare has to do something with his contract. I would propose a paycut, but add several incentives where he could get that money back. Because IMO, Gramatica is a downgrade both as a placekicker and a kickoff man. But if Mare forces our hand, we may have to go that route. But I don't believe it will come to that.

Mare should not be cut regardless... Bill blows anyway. So doesn't his brothers. Adam Viniteri (SP?) had a worse year the Mare, whats so special about him? He missed 2 SB FG, and he gets all the love? Mare is fine.

Originally posted by Muck
Gramatica just became a free agent, as Arizona chose not to tender him.

Be careful with this guy. Three years in the league and he already has a torn ACL and a back problem that kept him out of 12 games and put him on IR last year.

I mean, Mare has to do something with his contract. I would propose a paycut, but add several incentives where he could get that money back. Because IMO, Gramatica is a downgrade both as a placekicker and a kickoff man. But if Mare forces our hand, we may have to go that route. But I don't believe it will come to that.

Your right Muck I forgot about his injuries I would keep Mare. Mare knows that he should take a paycut because of the games he has cost them the last 2 years he will do the right thing I hope.

Can anyone pronounce Nate Reading, get him with a late round pick. If he is not drafted...

Bring him in to challenge Mare, see what happens...

Originally posted by Disnardo
Can anyone pronounce Nate Reading, get him with a late round pick. If he is not drafted...

Bring him in to challenge Mare, see what happens...

It's actually Nate Keading. He's a good one, got a heck of a leg. he also scored on a fake fg vs osu last year, so he's got a little athletism too

Bill Gramatica would be a downgrade to Mare. Mare did struggle, but he is the best in the league on kickoffs. Our special teams were awful but Mare really helped out by preventing a lot of returns with his strong leg.

I hope Mare restructures. He did struggle but I think he can get back to his form from a few years ago.

Here's a good bet. Score more touchdowns instead of goin for field goals. Then we don't worry about all this.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Here's a good bet. Score more touchdowns instead of goin for field goals. Then we don't worry about all this.

K..e..a..d..i..n..g.. got it thanx. Just testing you guys. LOL

CK on the other hand, how many last minute FG did you think NE had to win most of it's games? The SB is one it comes to mind. But, I do agree that this O unit should be addressed to upgrade its production.

I am asking cause I don't know the actuall answer, but I am sure it was quite a few....

Last edited by a moderator:
mare just had a bad yr but u have to admit he can boot kickoffs hella good. im all for him staying. i read somewhere miami lost there kicking coach. so this could be part of the problem.

Back
Top Bottom