If McDuffie is right, than this is sad | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If McDuffie is right, than this is sad

Originally posted by scotgif
IMO anyone who feels that NFL coaches do not "help" trainers along in their medical decisions concerning injured players, is being extremely niave.
JJ may not have told OJ that he had to play in so many words, but, I would not doubt at all if he "suggested" to the team's medical staff, that it would be in the team's best interests for OJ to "shoot up" before games, and play.
BTW, if anyone thinks that this scenario is just common to the Fins, think again.
The NFL is BIG BUSINESS.
The good of the team will ALWAYS come first when it comes to a choice between team and player.
I don't know if your post was directed to me or not, but if JJ suggested that the trainers push OJ back onto the field,, and if OJ can prove this- then by all means I agree with you,, but to make a statement that (NFL coaches "help" trainers along with their medical decisions) is a pretty potent statement !! What you are basicly saying is that every NFL coach could care less if a player has a chance to be maimed for the rest of his life """"" right"""" And my point is - that if this is the case (( And I do not agree with you on this )) then why do the players have a union if they do not report that these things are going on ?? Why pay all those dues if when you have a concern about an injury and the team is pushing you back on the field,, you don't file a grievance against the club ?? Do players need to be bottle fed and smacked on the back to burp? I feel bad that OJ McDuffie's career has come to an end and maybe the Dolphins staff is to blame,,, but if he didn't have the common sense to use the tools available to him to get answers or correct a wrong situation,,, then the only people or persons that he can hold accountable for his present situation-- is the one person that looks back at him every morning in the mirrior !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;) Marino1983

Back
Top Bottom