If Miami gives up a 1st day pick For Brunell... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Miami gives up a 1st day pick For Brunell...

*an effort to get this thread back on topic*

I don't think any team is giving up a first or a second for Brunell. I think a meeting was leaked to the press to drum up interest.

After all this dust settles Jacksonville may end up cutting him anyway. His cap hit is in the Millions (plural) if they keep him to trade him. Would you sacrifice a couple of million in cap charge for a 4th round pick? I've read that prior to "the visit" that is what was on the table.

If this were BlackJack I'd say Jacksonville had a Jack and a four. Then they hit (leak). I think the card that is presently being turned over is a four. Would you want to hit again at 17? :lol:

I just don't know about the first day pick thing....seems kinda like a stretch to me....but hell, if we have 2 1sts and 2 3rds, and Brunell wouldn't cost TOO much, why not give a 3rd rounder (lower pick), unless its a sure thing he's going to be cut and would sign for a lower amount, but veteran QB money isn't cheap. I don't now if trading a pick for him brings him in for a lower amount, but if it does, that's probably a reason they're looking at doing it.

Ya ya ya....I know....here it comes...."you're stupid, you're wrong, you're blind." Like I give a damn.

I think it'd be worth it because Brunell gives a guy that can come in and immediately stretch the field and save wear and tear on Ricky. Imagine if just a FEW more Fiedler deep balls were caught by CC or anybody else (on the Dolphins that is). Pretty hard for an Oline to stand up to 8 in the box all day long.

This all of course is dependent upon whether we'll get extra picks of course. If we're sitting with only 1 1st/3rd round pick I'd have to say hell no.

So go ahead....tell me my opinion is "wrong" so I can laugh at ya :laugh:

No first day picks for Brunell...PERIOD. Thats what I say. Stick to your guns. The game Jax is playing only works if teams fall into a bidding war for Brunell's services.

If Miami does its part to stay out of the bidding war, lets face it Jax is not carrying Brunell onto their 2004 roster and everyone knows this. His cap figure is 10.5 million for 2004. They aren't keeping him. Problem is now everyone let their demand be known way too early. Miami, San Diego, Dallas, Tampa Bay, Washington, Oakland, list probably goes on. All were potential suitors and I would be willing to bet considerable money that 4 out of those 6 have been in contact with Jax about a trade. I know Washington and Miami have discussed trade options, San Diego supposedly jumped in, and I hear that Tampa just put in a quiet phone call.

I will not be happy, not happy AT ALL if Miami gives a first day pick even a 3rd rounder for Brunell. We've managed to turn our third rounders into actual contributors...like Wade Smith, Morlon Greenwood, and Travis Minor. Taylor Whitley may have been a disappointment but he is going to compete for a start this year...so thats somethin. The only 3rd rounder I can think of we didn't turn into a contributor was CB Ben Kelly...who I believe ended up winning a ring with the Patriots in 2001.

That said I brought up an interesting prospect yesterday in Strong Safety Bob Sanders who went to the Senior Bowl and really impressed people during practices. He lays the WOOD, was always around the ball in college and in the Senior Bowl, has a very chiseled frame, and he runs in the 4.3 to 4.4 range to go along with a 44 inch vertical. The reason he may end up a third rounder is cuz the dude is 5'8" to 5'9" tall. That and he had an injury this year that scouts admit really shouldn't affect his longterm viability in the NFL. Guy would be a human missile on special teams because he's fearless and crazy...and I believe the dude could start here if not immediately definitely within a year when Sammy Knight's contract is up

It'a looking like the "first day" talk may have be a ruse. Per the Herald, other sources are reporting only fourth round picks are on the table as of now.

Once again, as per the new "NFL sources" the Jags MIGHT only have 4th round picks on the table.

The way its stated, seems like these are just guys who don't really have any way of knowing for sure, and are just speculating.

Agreed, but it isn't any more definite that "first day" picks are on the table.

I don't know the 2nd round report supposedly came from the Jags themselves. This newest rumor comes from two guys who for all we know are scouts on the Arizona Cardinals and just can't imagine giving anything more than a 4th for Brunell.

What I can't understand, or see, is how the Jags expect to get such a high pick for him. It makes no sense to me why any team would consider him so valuable. He's not....

The guy {Brunell}, couldn't even beat out rookie QB Leftwich for the starting position last year. He's old as dirt, and any team that would be willing to trade away their 1st or 2nd round pick for him, is nothing but idiotic IMO....

I woldn't trade away our third round pick for him, let alone our first. QB M. Brunell simply isn't worth it. If it were his 3rd or 4th season, I'd consider it, but this guy is an aging dinosaur. No way in hell!!!.....

NO TO BRUNELL!!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!!:pirate:

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
The guy {Brunell}, couldn't even beat out rookie QB Leftwich for the starting position last year.

One more time ... there was never a semblance of an open competiotion for this spot. The Jags knew they weren't going anywhere, and they figured they'd better get Leftwich as many reps as possible as soon as possible.

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom

One more time ... there was never a semblance of an open competiotion for this spot. The Jags knew they weren't going anywhere, and they figured they'd better get Leftwich as many reps as possible as soon as possible.

That sounds good, but I don't buy it for one second....

There's no way Brunell would have survived trying to battle against Leftwich regardless. Younger, faster, cheaper, better.....

Bottom Line : Brunell was outperformed by Leftwich. Leftwich earned the starting position fair and square....

NO TO BRUNELL!!!

YES TO RIVERS!!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

There's no way Brunell would have survived trying to battle against Leftwich regardless. Younger, faster, cheaper, better.....

Bottom Line : Brunell was outperformed by Leftwich. Leftwich earned the starting position fair and square....

NO TO BRUNELL!!!

YES TO RIVERS!!!!

I really like Rivers, but you just contradicted yourself on Brunell.

You say "There's no way Brunell would have survived trying to battle against Leftwich ..." which acknowledges there was not a "fair and aquare" competition.

And by the way ... if you must insist that there was a competition, Brunell won -- in completion percentage, TD/INT ratio and QB rating.

That sounds good, but I don't buy it for one second....

NO TO BRUNELL!!!

YES TO RIVERS!!!!

Blitz, under the circumstances, I don't care much for Brunnell. But ya have to realize that he was not beaten out. Brunnell got injured and Leftwhich was forced into action for numerous games. When Brunnell was ready to return, their season was already down the tubes and since leftwhich was the heir apparant anyway, may as well let him finish the yr out and learn more/sooner.

yea, come on, brunnell would have been much better last year, fatwich didnt do anything special, jags just felt it was time for the youth movement.

Back
Top Bottom