If Mueller was hired as GM last year, would Saban be coach today? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Mueller was hired as GM last year, would Saban be coach today?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I dont think so, mainly because of control... Since Mueller would have been here first, I doubt he would have conceeded power to Saban.. Nolan would probably be our coach imo..

This is one reason I thinki Huizienga kept Spielman on, to make the transition easier for Wanny's last run, and to start with a clean slate if he failed.

SkapePhin said:
I dont think so, mainly because of control... Since Mueller would have been here first, I doubt he would have conceeded power to Saban.. Nolan would probably be our coach imo..

This is one reason I thinki Huizienga kept Spielman on, to make the transition easier for Wanny's last run, and to start with a clean slate if he failed.

Good call. I wouldn't doubt that a bit. Wayne is a very smart businessman.

:cooldude:

i don't think muller would have had a choice but to relinquish his control he's the GM not the owner and if he didn't like it Mr. Wayne could decide who he wanted more, honestly i think Saban would have still ended up here because no matter who was the head of personel last year we still had an awful coach

Probably not.

All the changes that happened last year were PR moves. We were 10-6 in 2003, and Wayne really didnt think that major changes were needed. But he did know that the fans were upset, and wanted blood. So he shuffled the power structure around, without bringing in any new people (except for Marino which was a total sham).

Good question- hard to say. But Mueller had to know what he was getting himself into- he knows Saban is the boss, and he still chose to take the job. I'm sure Saban probably told him to check his ego at the door as well, and Mueller obviously agreed. This is a very interesting situation and one I never thought we'd be discussing. I'm excited!!

Back
Top Bottom