if no one trades for surtain does that lower his contract demands? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

if no one trades for surtain does that lower his contract demands?

BrazForPhins said:
i see your point, and i agree that the player may look for the cash cause he can possibly have a career-ending injury..though predicting how much a player has at his bank account after some years of playing time it's too illusional..each one has his own character and his own style of life...

True, but I was just giving a realistic idea of an "average" 2nd rounder who has played up to a Pro Bowl level. I'm sure many wouldn't fit that description although I would venture to guess there are more "2nd round to Pro Bowl" guys that do worse than this example than there are guys who are doing better. I'm sure there is the rare case of the guy that saved most of his money right away and invested it in high-return vehicles like Venture Capital/Private Equity or got really lucky with some real estate.

ok, if TO didn't even go for a 2nd rounder, why are you guys all stuck on getting that 2nd rounder? sure, that's what the ravens wanted, but they had to give more to get him for that 2nd rounder. imo TO is more of that visible play-maker than surtain... and i love surtain, hope he's a chief soon.

General Grimmac said:
ok, if TO didn't even go for a 2nd rounder, why are you guys all stuck on getting that 2nd rounder? sure, that's what the ravens wanted, but they had to give more to get him for that 2nd rounder. imo TO is more of that visible play-maker than surtain... and i love surtain, hope he's a chief soon.

I like surtain and if there were no salary cap as the Chiefs and Redskins choose to think, I'd want to keep him. If KC doesn't fork over a 2nd rounder at least (and IMO I still think that's a ripoff of the Fins), I think he might be cheaper next offseason.

Back
Top Bottom