If No Woody....Who??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If No Woody....Who???

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Reaction score
If the Bills do in fact sign D. Woody, where do we go from there???

Who are the FA OG's we're looking at right now, and what are the chances of us getting the guys we want as apposed to getting the FA leftovers????....

PHINZ RULE!!!:pirate:

Jeno James, Chris Villarreal, Cosey Coleman, and others..........

any two of those....and we would have the best line in the AFC east.....if we got Woody...our line would be among the best in the league.

While Woody is likely the best inside lineman available, Cosey Coleman, Jeno James, Kelvin Garmon, and Chris Villarrial are all big time upgrades at guard. Woody and Villereal can also play center. Chris Bober can play center or tackle and Greg Randall could make us forget Todd Wade at RT very quickly. In short while I would love to have Woody, if we do miss on him it is not the end of the world.

Originally posted by Predaphin34
M.Stinchcomb?? yes?

I didnt know stinchcomb was available. from oakland? he plays T doesnt he? and Guard too?

Originally posted by Ohiophinphan
While Woody is likely the best inside lineman available, Cosey Coleman, Jeno James, Kelvin Garmon, and Chris Villarrial are all big time upgrades at guard. Woody and Villereal can also play center. Chris Bober can play center or tackle and Greg Randall could make us forget Todd Wade at RT very quickly. In short while I would love to have Woody, if we do miss on him it is not the end of the world.

well, this is the guy who i thought we should target first becuase Woody would be driven up in demand and price. Get Villareal so your not left out in the market. Then get a second tier guy like............someone youve never heard of before but they do their homework on. :lol:

Yup, lots of options at every position which will cost less and be significant upgrades over Perry/Ruddy/Nails.

bottom line is you can expect that we will be drafting OL and one good WR! that much is pretty much set!

It's only like 12 hours in, and there is no way to say we won't trump the bills offer and give woody a lot of $$. Give it some time..

I htink James is the logical expectation. The Bucs are down on Coleman I am not sure he is an upgrade. I mena the Bucs have never run the ball with any success.

Reports are that Villareal is not going to be an option. Perhaps we end up with James and a high draft pick. Who knows at this point. Let us hope that we end up with Woody and Villareal.

One newspaper this morning said Villereal was not an option while another said we might offer his agent a contract without even a visit since he had played for Tony Wise before, I'm not sure which it is.

As to second tier guards look for someone like Mike Compton, Mike Goff, and/or Bobbie Williams

James, but we might still get Woody. Anything that happens is gonna happen very soon.Every paper is saying something different tho so don't believe anything till it happens.

Ozzy rules!!

Jeno James :yes:

'I called him `The Fury.' He's a real quiet guy, but he plays so hard . . . I think he's one of those rare guys that up until he's 30 years old, he's going to keep getting better. He's really just starting to come into his own.''

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/8092438.htm

others of note:

The Dolphins still could express interest in Ruben Brown (Buffalo), Matt O'Dwyer (Cincinnati) or Cosey Coleman (Tampa Bay).

A league source said Miami will not be in the bidding for Chicago guard Chris Villarial.
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports...ns/wednesday/sports_045455217232a1170021.html

If that's the case, we MUST SIGN D. Woody!!!....

We've already missed out on Timmerman, and it says above that we wont be in the bidding for Villarial. I don't get it, I thought he was one of our top choices?!?!?!...:confused:

Right now, with the way the FA OL market appears to be drying up, if we lose out on Woody, we'll be stuck in a rut....

I don't like the way things are shaping up right now. It appears the Bills will get Woody, we'll pass on Villarial, and then be stuck with the FA leftovers....

Coleman / Brown / O'Dywer???.....PLEASE!!!!

These guys weren't even considered OL replacements until now {that appears we'll lose out on Woody}....:cry:

Rick better get his check book out fast before we miss out....

PHINZ RULE!!!

:yell:

Back
Top Bottom