If Not Rivers, Then Grove. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Not Rivers, Then Grove.

miamirw

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If we can't get Rivers (ie Pittsburgh, San Diego or Buffalo grabs him), then I believe we should take Jake Grove - the best available lineman after Gallery. Everything I read about this guy is aggression and that's what we need.

Grove can come in and start right away and have an immediate impact on our line as a whole. It's very rare to find a nasty center and this guy is the perfect fit. Make no mistake, I will be very disappointed on draft day if we don't get Rivers, but if we can get Grove, I will be happy.

Center is more important than guard or right tackle IMO. Plus, I believe there will be a couple of good guards and tackles let go this summer. I don't believe there will be any good centers let go (they're just too rare). I'm also not convinced that McKinney can step right in and dominate.

We would be wise to sign Greg Randall and Jamie Nails, and then follow our draft priorities:

1. Rivers (if he's there - all signs indicate he most likely will not be there.

2. Trade down ten spots and pick up Grove and another third rounder. (Use the two third rounders to pick up a RT and an MLB)

3. Draft Shawn Andrews at this spot.

4. Trade down and draft Vernon Carey, picking up an extra third.

5. Trade down twice and draft Stuart Schwiegart (sp?) picking up a third and a fourth.

My opinion anyways.:goof:

I agree 100% EXCEPT for the Rivers garbage. We are not taking a QB early.

But if Andrews is not at 20, then trade down for Grove/Carey/Smiley and get a good reciever also. That would be nice.

But if big Shawn is there at 20, he's ours.

If Shawn Andrews is not there, then draft Vilma.

If Vilma is not there, then draft Karlos Dansby.

If not Dansby, trade down and get Sean Jones.

Just my opinion.

I only like Smiley of those guys that have been mention on this thread at our spot.The other way to go would be Evans in the first and then hope for Snee in the 3rd but I doubt he's there that late.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by miamirw
If we can't get Rivers (ie Pittsburgh, San Diego or Buffalo grabs him), then I believe we should take Jake Grove - the best available lineman after Gallery. Everything I read about this guy is aggression and that's what we need.

Grove can come in and start right away and have an immediate impact on our line as a whole. It's very rare to find a nasty center and this guy is the perfect fit. Make no mistake, I will be very disappointed on draft day if we don't get Rivers, but if we can get Grove, I will be happy.

Center is more important than guard or right tackle IMO. Plus, I believe there will be a couple of good guards and tackles let go this summer. I don't believe there will be any good centers let go (they're just too rare). I'm also not convinced that McKinney can step right in and dominate.

We would be wise to sign Greg Randall and Jamie Nails, and then follow our draft priorities:

1. Rivers (if he's there - all signs indicate he most likely will not be there.

2. Trade down ten spots and pick up Grove and another third rounder. (Use the two third rounders to pick up a RT and an MLB)

3. Draft Shawn Andrews at this spot.

4. Trade down and draft Vernon Carey, picking up an extra third.

5. Trade down twice and draft Stuart Schwiegart (sp?) picking up a third and a fourth.

My opinion anyways.:goof:
:yes:

If not Rivers? Umm, no.

Screw Rivers.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
If not Rivers? Umm, no.

Screw Rivers.

clear.gif

TerryTate: No personal attacks, you've been here long enough to know that and we've mentioned it to you as well, don't do it again

To answer someone's question: Jacob Rogers was the starting LT for the Trojans last season. SI had him as a 1st team all-american. Dude is nice, but NFL scouts have him as a RT. Either way, I think he could be a 2nd rounder and would be a steal in the 3rd if we went that route :jumper:

Originally posted by Dolfan954

I second that.

Just out of curiousity, do you say this because you think Rivers isn't the right guy at QB, because you don't think QB should be a priority, or both?

Originally posted by Jimmy James

Just out of curiousity, do you say this because you think Rivers isn't the right guy at QB, because you don't think QB should be a priority, or both?
Neither. I think Rivers is going to be a good NFL QB, and I am still worried about the QB position.

I say "screw Rivers" because IMO, he's not dropping to #20. It's similar to saying I hope we draft Gallery. Yeah, that would be great, but he'll be gone before we pick. Even if he did drop to #20, they invested a 2nd round pick on Feeley, so he'll be given every chance to succeed. I don't think a QB, especially in the first round would be Rick's focus...but I could be wrong...

Back
Top Bottom