if ogun doesnt get signed | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

if ogun doesnt get signed

Juice_56

Practice Squad
Reaction score
the situation got alot better since we gave an offer but if we dont sign him what do you think we will do at the left end spot?
do you think wed start david bowens or jay williams, or will we have rotations or what?:confused:

Just a thought......but depending on how negotiations go over the next 2 weeks, I wonder if the FO will sign a June 1 cut to take his spot. I am not even sure who might get cut, I am just thinking out loud here.

did anyone sign chad bratzke, he could be a small term replacement, he plays the run quite well but isnt as much of a speed rusher miami likes

well what about trace armstrong he was good maybe he can be a replacement until ogu is happy

i thought we just re-signed O-gun? Fanball said so as well as the NFL network....

Reportedly he signed a "multiyear" contract, but terms were not disclosed.... what was said was that O-gun was still disgruntled as he felt he still hasn't been compensated fairly.

texasPHINSfan said:
i thought we just re-signed O-gun? Fanball said so as well as the NFL network....

Reportedly he signed a "multiyear" contract, but terms were not disclosed.... what was said was that O-gun was still disgruntled as he felt he still hasn't been compensated fairly.
You sure you heard that right? I know he was offered a contract. I don't think he signed it though.

i'm pretty sure i heard "agreed to terms".... and from two sources.....

do these sources usually anounce when a contract has been offered? no, not traditionally. that is why i believe so....

i'll try to dig it up.

I havent heard anything either. But that doesnt mean its not true. I sure hope it is though.

no... he was just offered the contract, which was "unacceptable" and Rosenhaus was mailing a counteroffer back this week...

trace armstrong i dont think is worth signing, too old, not that bratzke is young but still younger than trace

The first offer is always unacceptable. The the agent's offer is always waaay too high & they'll meet in the middle. I don't think we need to sign anyone if Ogun doesn't sign. I think Bowens, Williams, & Grigsby are capable of replacing him.

What implications (or better yet complications) does the resigning of Ogun have on our ability to resign some of our other guys in the future. What about CHAMBERS, et al. Are we going to be severely hamstrung in the future over this. I am not a capalogist by any means, but still, I do not want Ogun if it means we cannot resign Chambers, McMike, Surtain, etc. What do you guys think about this?

I think Ogun will be resigned but he will cot get what he wants i.e. Wistrom money. We should still have enough to get CC done and McMichael will be a concern next year, but at that point we will know which of the players from this offseason are busts and thus allowing us to cut some of the dead weight particularly on the OL. While I am all for depth we have quite a few guys making decent-good money. If Carey and Smith pan out look for the FO to trade/cut McIntosh before the salary really jumps up.

Back
Top Bottom