If Ryan Tannehill plays like this next season, what would you do? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Ryan Tannehill plays like this next season, what would you do?

dolphans1

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Ryan Tannehill is 0-5 when throwing 1 or more picks.

My concern is his lack of touchdowns and the inability to score points when we need to.

My question is this, come next season, if he continues to play like this (more INT's than TD's) would you continue to play him 2 more years. (total of 4 years?)

Should we at this point play Moore or Devlin to see if they have anything else to offer and possibly save the season or do we tank it and position ourselves for the upcoming draft?

d-1

Ryan Tannehill is 0-5 when throwing 1 or more picks.

My concern is his lack of touchdowns and the inability to score points when we need to.

My question is this, come next season, if he continues to play like this (more INT's than TD's) would you continue to play him 2 more years. (total of 4 years?)

Should we at this point play Moore or Devlin to see if they have anything else to offer and possibly save the season or do we tank it and position ourselves for the upcoming draft?

d-1

I see who is out there in the draft. However, this offseason I dedicated the draft and offseason to getting talent on the offense so we see if he has it.

his lack of TDs is mainly due to lack of receivers and playmakers. We have to give him some more talent around him

That is the question...how much patience does the fan base have? It is going to be a process for RT to become a good NFL QB. He is not Andrew Luck or RGIII.

Tannehill gets the entire 2012 season as a learning and growth year, and he automatically enters the 2013 season as the starter. No question about it. You spend the entire offseason building the team around him and acquiring talent for him to use. If he completely bombs in 2013 then you can start talking about alternatives, but talking about it now is useless. He is a rookie going through growing pains, and what you see in November 2012 is likely not going to be the same quarterback in November 2013. It is pointless at this moment to talk about other quarterback options because the book on Tannehill just opened. Let's at least finish the first chapter before deciding if the entire book is going to be bad or start reading another one.

There is absolutley no benefit in playing Matt Moore or Pat Devlin. Moore likely will be with another team in 2013 and really the best hope for Devlin is to become a solid #2. Tannehill is the guy and you keep letting him develop. I am really not liking this "Tannehill sucks" and "Start another QB" talk. Very short sighted.

First of all...go get him a Larry Fitzgerald after this season!!! :D

A guy can dream, can he? :idk:

If Devlin had been playing this year, we would be ahead of the Patriots right now guaranteed. But heck we're losers, we can't even play our best qb because we invested so much in Tannehill, and we're going to waste a couple more years.

That's an extremely broad hypothetical. There are a lot of factors to consider. Would he be healthy? Would the o-line be blocking reasonably well? Are his receivers getting open? Are they catching the ball? Are opposing defenses unafraid of our running game? Is he making up for his mistakes with great plays?

If Devlin had been playing this year, we would be ahead of the Patriots right now guaranteed. But heck we're losers, we can't even play our best qb because we invested so much in Tannehill, and we're going to waste a couple more years.

I truly hope that was a joke post

Odd how two coaching staffs and the entire league that didn't draft him could not see what you see. I for one am shocked.

:rolleyes2:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That is the question...how much patience does the fan base have? It is going to be a process for RT to become a good NFL QB. He is not Andrew Luck or RGIII.

Would Andrew Luck and/or RGIII be the same if they were on this team?

Almost threw up I laughed so hard.

No question: Tannehill remains starter all season and again to start 2013.

That being said, I am firmly in the belief that he is not a franchise QB. Franchise QBs make the players around them better, not the other way around. Franchise QBs throw TDs, don't throw picks and win games in the 4th quarter. RT17 has not shown us any of the above. Nothing would make me happier to be proven wrong on RT but this being the Dolphins, I'm certain that doesn't happen.

Back
Top Bottom