If SD, Oak, Pitt, Chicago, Arizona, ATL, Washington, & the NYG all need new coaches.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If SD, Oak, Pitt, Chicago, Arizona, ATL, Washington, & the NYG all need new coaches..

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Do you think Miami would attract one of the better coaches available? Would most coaches choose Miami over those teams listed?

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, The only "recycled" coach I would consider is Bill Cowher... I think he could get it done in Miami.

This is a tough job, but an attractive one because of history and the desire for a lombardi trophy down here. But any coach coming here knows that they must produce right away.

If a coach wants to win from the start, I think we're either #1 or #2 behind Atlanta.

If a coach wants to have three years to win and build a program in his image, I think SD, Arizona, or Chicago are the front runners with Miami well back...

Originally posted by Section126
This is a tough job, but an attractive one because of history and the desire for a lombardi trophy down here. But any coach coming here knows that they must produce right away.

I'm not trying to be a homer here, but I belive the Miami job is one of the most attractive in the entire league due to our tradition of winning, etc.

:cool:

I think Miami is an attractive job for any coach. Tradition, good ownership and a several year trend of under achieving that a new coach would find as a challenge, aspecially an OC.

I do agree with you on Cowher.

Originally posted by phinsphan4ever

I'm not trying to be a homer here, but I belive the Miami job is one of the most attractive in the entire league due to our tradition of winning, etc.

:cool:

dont forget a hands off owner who usually allows the head coach to fill the roster with players of his(the HC) choice

ROMEO CRENNEL!

he's been with Belichick for awhile, and come on.. i have to give him credit, i think it will have a huge impact on how he coaches. knowing that you have to prepare for everything, be tough, show no mecry, etc... he is also the asst. HC i believe. and he has more responsibility then any coordinator in the NFL. like Parcells tought belichick, romeo learned from Belichick...

You all want someone like Belichick right? well the guy who knows him best is their DC... i bet you wherever he goes (i hope miami) he'll be a star HC.

If Crennel is the brain behind NE's D I would take him in a micro-millisecond..

Originally posted by Blueprint_21
ROMEO CRENNEL!

he's been with Belichick for awhile, and come on.. i have to give him credit, i think it will have a huge impact on how he coaches. knowing that you have to prepare for everything, be tough, show no mecry, etc... he is also the asst. HC i believe. and he has more responsibility then any coordinator in the NFL. like Parcells tought belichick, romeo learned from Belichick...

You all want someone like Belichick right? well the guy who knows him best is their DC... i bet you wherever he goes (i hope miami) he'll be a star HC.

Your right Romeo will be a great coach no question but if you hired him you would also need a GM to take care of personel issues. My question is would you not be better served with an offensive minded head coach, seems like your defense is not an issue. How about Charlie Weis instead? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Rick Spielman will be promoted to GM.. He has done a pretty good job IMO..

Crennel is a guy who worked for the Patriots, so we should strike him according to the guy who doesn't want Herm Edwards... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by pats4life

Your right Romeo will be a great coach no question but if you hired him you would also need a GM to take care of personel issues. My question is would you not be better served with an offensive minded head coach, seems like your defense is not an issue. How about Charlie Weis instead? :D

good comment.

BUT miami has a stacked D... so lets get someone in their who KNOWS how to coach them. Bates is garbage... we need someone to teach them hot to be great, and not average.

GM would be spielman, so we're OK there. Charlie Weis is aother great canidate.. but i would prefer Crennel because he has an attitude, and has a lot of responsibility.

this might be reverse rasicm... lol. but i believe black players respond to black coaches MUCH better. the league is built with mostly black players. i think they relate better, and respect them MUCH more and want to play HARDER to get more minority HC.. to show black HC can be great.

Back
Top Bottom