If SD, Oak, Pitt, Chicago, Arizona, ATL, Washington, & the NYG all need new coaches.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If SD, Oak, Pitt, Chicago, Arizona, ATL, Washington, & the NYG all need new coaches..

Originally posted by Jimmy James
Crennel is a guy who worked for the Patriots, so we should strike him according to the guy who doesn't want Herm Edwards... :rolleyes:

Me? i would love to have herm edwards. i've always though he's one of the best HC in the NFL.

Originally posted by SkapePhin
I think Rick Spielman will be promoted to GM.. He has done a pretty good job IMO..

I agree about Spielman. A lot of 'phin fans are under the impression that he's made the personell decisions, when in fact, Wanny has the final say on every personell decision. And we've seen enough of Wanny's drafts to puke!

:yell: :fire:

Analysis of these teams' situations:

SD: Not a special job. They have some good offensive talent but their defense is awful.
Oakland: A team with a lot of history. Al Davis cares about his team, but who wants to work for him?
Pittsburgh: Another team with tradition. Has a strong fanbase. A team that is expected to win every year, so whoever takes this job has to win right away.
Chicago: This team sucks every year (except for their one year break from sucking in 2001). The team has a lot of tradition, but it is a rebuilding job.
Arizona: No fans and no tradition. Team doesn't sign its free agents and this team will suck every year because they don't make an effort to keep its players.
Atlanta: A stud QB in Vick but a bad defense. This team would be a lot better if Vick wasn't hurt, but their defense is a lot worse than last year, so they wouldn't be a playoff team like everyone thinks. With this job, you could win right away.
Washington: This team will pay the most for a coach, and they will bring in free agents. However, the team has sucked for a while and they don't spend their money well. This job is only attractive because they will pay the most.
NYG: Average. Some years they are good, some years they aren't. They have some decent talent. They could be a winner.
Miami: Good tradition. Team has a winning record every year. You can come here and win right away.
Buffalo: Some good offensive players, and a good defense. Team has lost a lot lately. They supposedly had a good offseason but they got a lot worse. Team could be a winner if the right moves are made.

Of all of these jobs, Miami is one of the most attractive because you are going to win right away. The team has good talent and good tradition, and also plays in a great location. Washington has an advantage over us because of money, but no one has a winning record every year. Our job has to be one of the most attractive jobs out there.

Originally posted by phinsphan4ever

I agree about Spielman. A lot of 'phin fans are under the impression that he's made the personell decisions, when in fact, Wanny has the final say on every personell decision. And we've seen enough of Wanny's drafts to puke!

:yell: :fire:

Wanny's drafts haven't been completely awful. The early round picks tend to be bad, but he picked some good offensive players. McMichael and Chambers were both major steals in the draft. However, last year's draft was horrible.

Spurrier will be back in Washington another year.

I'd say the Giants, Falcons, Bears and Dolphins would be the most attractive coaching opportunities. And Im with the majority onthe board that either Romeo Cremmel or Chalrie Weis (the offensive coordinator) from New England would be the top two candiates imo. Weis is intriguing because the offense is very efficient and he doesnt have a lot of talent to work with.

Plus wed be weakening a division rival.

Back
Top Bottom