If SF takes Smith..... ???? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If SF takes Smith..... ????

HybridPHIN 23

the N E W Dolphilbins
Reaction score
One guy who hasn't gotten his fair amount of consideration for our pick is Aaron Rodgers. I know it's because he is likely the 49ers favorite, and it seems Saban prefers Smith..... but would we really pass up on Rodgers to take a WR @ #2 ?????

AirChambers84 said:
One guy who hasn't gotten his fair amount of consideration for our pick is Aaron Rodgers. I know it's because he is likely the 49ers favorite, and it seems Saban prefers Smith..... but would we really pass up on Rodgers to take a WR @ #2 ?????

Yes, we now can play to what SF plays. I believe we have always had Smith and Braylon as the top two because of their connections and talent. RB was never a serious bottom line consideration because there are so many RB's out there.

If SF picks Alex Smith, we pick Braylon or trade down with Minny. If SF picks Edwards, we take Smith or trade down with TB. Either way we will get a high quality player or some good traded picks. I think in the end we end up with Smith cus I think Nolan is the real smokescreen.

any input on Rodgers????? every time I ask about this guy people totally ignore it like Aaron Rodgers is already proclaimed a "bust". The guy is the most likely player to go #1..... here we are at #2 and we're not at all interested????

forget the QB, go either WR, RB, or trade down.

i think saban wants to give feeley a shot and if he sucks then most likely fins suck and get high enough pick and he will worry about QB next year.
if feeley is good, then no QB needed

AirChambers84 said:
any input on Rodgers????? every time I ask about this guy people totally ignore it like Aaron Rodgers is already proclaimed a "bust". The guy is the most likely player to go #1..... here we are at #2 and we're not at all interested????
I don't like Rodgers. Of the '7' he is the one I'd least like us to get. tbh, I'd prefer Antrel Rolle or Alex Barron.

I don't think Saban is gunna gamble on Feeley like that. Qb is the most important position on the team and it's our biggest question mark.... oh yeah and we have the Second Overall pick. If Feeley fails we wasted a valuable year of QB development, then we'd cut him and hafta start all over again. What the Hell is picking Braylon Edwards gunna do for us if our Qb situation is going nowhere fast???

I do not see us making a selection at #2, a running back can not go at #2 it just won't happen. If Smith goes #1 we trade down with Minny. My hope is to trade down as much as possible to get as many picks in this draft and next years as possible. To make the most of the advantage we have with Saban just coming out of college, he knows the players better for this year & next, than he will ever know in future years to come, so we need to get as many picks as possible for this year next.

AirChambers84 said:

Well, if Rodgers is taken first...Then that enhances chances for a trade down with Tampa and Cleveland. Both are in the market for a QB and both like Smith. To me, that is our best chance...on the other hand, the next best thing is for the Niners to take Edwards or Williams, then Minny becomes our best trade partner. And it's possible that Saban just takes Smith and deals with only 5 picks in this draft...

AirChambers84 said:

You have to take into account the "Jeff Tetford Factor"...he produces alot on NFL QB's but none of them have lived up to the original billing. Some experts (Randy Mueller) have Rodgers possibly dropping from the top-10 if he doesn't go #1. He just shouldn't be this highly touted and almost any other year, he wouldn't be.

AirChambers84 said:

The truth is in this years pool Rogers isn't worth a 1 or 2. The Browns are probably the one team who needs a qb worse than we do, ( i'm not sure we need one, yet) and they have expressed no interest in him. So that you should give you a feel about how nfl teams feel about him. I don't want him. If we're going to take a chance on someone I want them to be more prototypical in size and strength.

AirChambers84 said:
I don't think Saban is gunna gamble on Feeley like that. Qb is the most important position on the team and it's our biggest question mark.... oh yeah and we have the Second Overall pick. If Feeley fails we wasted a valuable year of QB development, then we'd cut him and hafta start all over again. What the Hell is picking Braylon Edwards gunna do for us if our Qb situation is going nowhere fast???

How about giving Feeley a fair shot...after all he was handicapped last season...he didn't have a team playing along with him....he didn't have a coaching staff worth a hoot. And nothing say's that the Dolphins won't select a QB in the middle rounds.

QB's are to much of a gamble up high, how many ofthe past Qb's takin high in say the oast 6 years have been sucessful, the idea of drafting a QB that high scares me i hope we trade down with Minny or Tampa, and draft ronnie brown or caddy or benson, these qb's scare me about being a bust i think they will be about as good as we all think, most QB's who get this much hype become as huge bust

Back
Top Bottom