If the 49ers take Edwards | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If the 49ers take Edwards

xespinpartduex

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Mike Williams-Smokescreen

I see Minnesota still trading with us and taking Mike Williams..I have a feeling its him who they really want and not Edwards..

It doesn't matter who the 49ers take our pick will be the hottest one..nobody wants to to pay the first overall pick...

Yeah if the 9ers take Edwards, I think Alex Smith is the pick rather than trading down.

Bro, i would bet my left nut that the 9er's arent taken Braylon Edwards. Its gonna be Smith or Rodgers and prolly Smith.

If that happened it's most likely the T.B. deal would happen. Braylon most likely isn't going #1.

my feel is edwards goes #2 but not to the fins or a trade to the vikes, imo i think the bucs make the play for him

Braylon wont be a Niner. IMHO come Saturday Alex Smith will be the first overall pick!

d-day said:
my feel is edwards goes #2 but not to the fins or a trade to the vikes, imo i think the bucs make the play for him

I disagree with that idea. TB i think is looking to get either Brown, Cadillac, or Rodgers. Gruden loves Brown to death and wants him bad. Greise is not the long term solution for that team, plus he has no faith in Simms. If those two are gone Cadillac is what's left before Benson.

Fins2theend said:
Braylon wont be a Niner. IMHO come Saturday Alex Smith will be the first overall pick!
I would tend to agree with you, but from what I have been hearing, the 49ers are having a VERY hard time signing Smith. While Smith is their top choice, I wouldn't be suprised to see them pass on Smith because of his price tag. NOW, if that is the case, I bet Saban stays at #2 and takes Smith.

Nublar7 said:
I would tend to agree with you, but from what I have been hearing, the 49ers are having a VERY hard time signing Smith. While Smith is their top choice, I wouldn't be suprised to see them pass on Smith because of his price tag. NOW, if that is the case, I bet Saban stays at #2 and takes Smith.

I dont think Smiths price is that high, the Niners owner is notoriously cheap!!! He needs to open up the wallet and pay for the franchise player!

I don't think so, I believe you go running back, or trade down for more picks, Saban is not going to jeopordize Feeley's progression. Saban might get a qb later on in the draft, and besides he wants the best chance of winning right now.

The guy the niners have is pretty good Tim Rattay, we keep forgetting that the fins and the niners had terrible offensive lines last year. A new qb might not necessarily be the right answer.

if they were to take Braylon then the trade will be with Tampa for Smith.

The Vikes will not want Williams because they have a similar type guy in Nate Burleson.

Qb Qb Qb Not!!!!!!!!!

djfresh47 said:
Yeah if the 9ers take Edwards, I think Alex Smith is the pick rather than trading down.

Miami should not muddy the waters with any Qb, the fins problem is o-line, and maybe running back, what they need is a receiver to compliment chris chambers. Troy Williamson is a good fit or Brayon Edwards.:eek:

why would they have to trade with us to get williams? they could prob trade to like 5 and get him cheaper, us/cleveland/chicago most likely will not take him...

Back
Top Bottom