If the Dolphins are attempting to get Ricky back, here's the man that can do it.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If the Dolphins are attempting to get Ricky back, here's the man that can do it....

dean_siu

sdkjglkdsjglkdsj
Reaction score
t1_ditka_ap-1.jpg

The Dolphins should enlist the help of Mike Ditka to help change Ricky's mind. Mike is the one coach in this league that Ricky has truly respected and admired. I've seen articles before where Ricky actually refers to their relationship as almost like a father/son.

Furthermore, Ditka is always energized when he watches this kid play football. He had such a fascination with him that he gave up his entire draft in New Orleans to get him and has always spoke fondly about him since leaving the game as a head coach.

Obviously, Dave didn't do that great of a job in talking Ricky out of his plans and I don't think Rick or Wayne or anyone else in our front office can coerce Ricky to come back and play this year.

However, I think Ricky still has a fire inside him that can be relit.....and Mike Ditka could be just the guy to do it. I also believe that Mike would do this if this Dolphins asked for his help as he knows Ricky has so much more he can accomplish.

If the Fins want Ricky back, make the call...get Mike on plane to Asia...and put him in a room with Ricky. I guarantee you Ricky would be on the return flight with Mike!

I think if Ricky told Mike Ditka that his heart was just not into football anymore and that he did not want to play and waste anymore time on something he has no desire to do, then Ditka as a man would respect that and just wish him luck.

At this point do you want him back?

Every time he fumbled, got stuffed at the line, dropped a pass or got tackled fairly easy we would question his heart and whether he is actually hurting our team by coming back.
At this point it's time to take our lumps and move on.

The interview with Dan Le Batard on ESPN was interesting because he mentioned that even a week or so go Ricky was planning on coming back and playing one more season, hopefully to leave with a Super Bowl win.

How would I feel if Ricky did a 180 and said wanted to play ONE MORE season? :confused: Mixed feelings. He will be impossible to replace, as he was the most talented RB the Dolphins ever had, but you'd be wondering all the while if he was going to up and quit again.

Depends on how he came back, with what atittude. A "I couldn't let my teammates down" combined with a "I'll give it everything since it is my last year" and I could welcome him back. If he seemed still unsure, then he best stay gone.

Decades of searching for a stellar RB, and it ends like this? :shakeno:

It's just time to go make another huge deal.. Like two firsts to SD for LT or to IND for James... There is something we have to do.. SOMETHING! We don't have Marino to throw, we don't have Ricky to run, I'm just at a loss for words.

Hellion said:
At this point do you want him back?

Every time he fumbled, got stuffed at the line, dropped a pass or got tackled fairly easy we would question his heart and whether he is actually hurting our team by coming back.
At this point it's time to take our lumps and move on.

Great point. I agree. I'm looking forward to seeing how the team responds to this adversity.

clear.gif

This man can bring ricky back. Jesse JAckson is quite the negotiator......if the man can get US hostages out of serbia(i think it was serbia) then he sure as heck has a chance to get Ricky back....someone ask him to be a dolphin fan for a week.....

TerryTate said:
clear.gif

This man can bring ricky back. Jesse JAckson is quite the negotiator......if the man can get US hostages out of serbia(i think it was serbia) then he sure as heck has a chance to get Ricky back....someone ask him to be a dolphin fan for a week.....

I don't think Jesse Jackson would work...he'd probably ask Ricky to put out the joint and it'd be all downhill from there!

I think instead of Ricky talking to Jim Brown, Barry Sanders and Robert Smith (all quitters) he should of been talking to Emmitt Smith. I don't mean that in a negative attack on them, however, they shouldn't be talking to someone so young into quitting.

Let him go be the loser he is.We need someone with some heart

Drfletcherdc said:
I think instead of Ricky talking to Jim Brown, Barry Sanders and Robert Smith (all quitters) he should of been talking to Emmitt Smith. I don't mean that in a negative attack on them, however, they shouldn't be talking to someone so young into quitting.

At least THEY had enough class to leave AFTER THE SEASON WAS OVER!

If there's any doubt on how Ditka feels, check out this quote from him....

"I'd love to talk to him and try to talk him out of it," Ditka said from Chicago. "It seems kind of foolish to me, but I don't know what's on his mind. You're just destroying a great career. He's a talent. To let that all go to waste doesn't make a lot of sense."

I'm telling you....I really think Mike Ditka is the one person the Dolphins should enlist to change Ricky's mind.

BTW...quote is from this article....

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/MIA/7524441

i know the guy who could do it, his name is Soeren and he is the guy where i get my dope from, but you know what i don´t want him ever to wear a dolpin uniform again, so i won´t tell him to do it.....:nana:

Back
Top Bottom