If the Dolphins get a 1st and 3rd for Ogun | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If the Dolphins get a 1st and 3rd for Ogun

yes... but we would have two if we traded down from our two firsts

I really like the idea of keeping all the picks and getting a guy like Rivers. However, lets think back to San Diego, which traded away the number 1, Mike Vick to move down in the draft. Granted, they were able to pick up Thomlinson and Brees, but I suspect that they would have preferred to get a superstar like Vick instead. I don’t think we will have a shot at Manning because San Diego will be really stupid to make the same mistake again, and that doesn’t even take in to account how unlucky they were to pick up Ryan Leaf…. It’s redemption time for them again and its hard to see them trading the number one pick for two lower ones and passing on Manning.

With all this being said, I think the original poster makes a great point. If we can’t pick up Manning, why not keep the extra picks? I agree with him, we have multiple areas that need improvement and should do it via the draft.

I really like the idea of keeping both picks (if we get that for Ogun). I would love having Rivers and either a top notch Oline or WR. If this does happen, I see us getting a either Rivers and an Oline (not as many good olineman as WR in this draft) or if Rivers does not fall this far, then getting an olineman and a stud WR and worring about the QB in round 3.

If we go WR in the 1st round then we wont be getting a QB we will go FA and get brunell or someone. I either want us to get rivers and a damn good WR in the draft. Or WR and Oline and get a FA QB like Brunell. what i really want is Eli Manning anyway possible, i dont care if we dont address WR this year or Oline as long as we get manning we can hold on to him and then next yr address the spots we need and be unstoppable.

I think the odds of us getting either Manning are 0 :)

Originally posted by finsnchips
yes... but we would have two if we traded down from our two firsts

let me get this right.....we want to 'trade down' 2 first round picks to get 2 second round picks....?

Originally posted by jbond

let me get this right.....we want to 'trade down' 2 first round picks to get 2 second round picks....?

Some people say trade down....some say trade up....trade down would = down in number...trade up would = up in quality.

I prefer trade up.

if the guys we want will definitely fall then we should trade down and get either a later round 1 and a 2, or a round 1 next year and a two this year...id prefer we stand pat and draft, i doubt next years will be as talented

I'd trade down on 1 of the 2 1st round picks(unless a player we really want is there and don't think he'd be there later) so we can get a 2nd round pick. Now with 2 1st(one lower after the trade down)and a 2nd we can get a QB,a WR and an o-lineman and we can go defence from the 3rd round on. That and 1 or 2 free agents and I'd be very happy.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom