If the Dolphins had spent a late round pick on Henson last year.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If the Dolphins had spent a late round pick on Henson last year..

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Would he have signed?? Or would he have held out for a better deal? A 7th round pick salary isnt much I assume.

No one was going to get Henson to play in 2003. The Texans drafted him because he struggled in baseball and they thought he might come back to football and they could trade him.

Ice.. I know, Im talking about now.. Had we drafted Henson last year, we would have him under contract right now and Henson would be coming back to us.. but would he sign that contract?

It would give is the right to negotiate or he would go back in the draft. I doubt he would sign for 6th round money.

Henson probably would sign if we gave him 1st or 2nd round money. Texans did a bold but beautiful move by drafting him.

IF is the key word. We can say IF this and IF that, but noone will truly know.

But if he made it in baseball, he'd be making a hell of alot more money for a hell of alot less damage to his body.

It's also a whole hell of alot less thinking and practice, too.

we would of made more $ in baseball if he could hit. Plus, he was playing for the Yankee's. You know they pay top price for their players.

If we had drafted Henson last year then we couldn't offer him more than 5th rd money b/c we would be limited by the rookie pool. Drafting him would have guaranteed that Miami would have to offer him less than everyone else. The only way it made sense to draft him was to try and get a higher draft pick in a trade, like Houston is doing.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
I was hoping the Bills would've drafted him last year. Many teams probably wish they had

I'm thinking that everyone probably thought they could do it with a 7th and Cas shocked them all and went with a 6th. Cunning move on his part.

A few years ago, the Panthers drafted Chris Weinke in the fourth round, and gave him a signing bonus and incentives that equalled those of first rounders. So to answer your question, I think it would have been possible to give Henson a bigger deal, as long as it fit under the teams rookie pool limit (and since we were missing a few picks last year anyway, we night have had more money under the rookie pool to allocate to him).

Back
Top Bottom