If the Phins are beating the Jets by 14 in the 4th Quarter.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If the Phins are beating the Jets by 14 in the 4th Quarter..

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Should the Phins run up the score!

I say YES! I want pay back for the last 4 years of torture!!:evil:

At that point it won't be running up the score. It would be a mad dash for buffer zones to prevent us from being made the fool as has happened the past 3 years.

Don't expect the coaches to pack it in the least bit against the Jets. They didn't against the Colts. I recognized it. We had one drive where we were movin the ball end with the INT. Another end with a missed chip shot FG after we failed to convert 3rd and 1 (How rare is that now that Ricky is here? Only happened twice so far). The others ended with punts because of penalties for the most part where in the end we faced like a 3rd and 17...and sorry but unless you're behind a lot 3rd and 15+ is almost NEVER considered to be convertible...so we did the RIGHT thing and ran screens and safe plays on those 3rd and 15+ plays. But all the same all four drives we were still racing down the field we just shot ourselves in the foot with penalties and sacks, missed field goals, or interceptions.

there is no doubt that we will go after the Jets D for 60 minutes irregardless of the score just the Pats did

Personally I think we should use any and every opportunity to smack their jowls in any way we can.

Up by 30 points? Go for it on 4th down. Run a razzle-dazzle halfback pass for a 35 yard TD (Ricky's done it before). Then onside kick it, and do a direct snap to a RB on the next play who hands off to a WR who hands off to another WR on a double reverse. Then hit them up on a play-action bomb to Chris Chambers. And don't stop until the clock hits 0:00

Most coaches would advise against this, saying that it would give the other team a chip on their shoulders next time they meet. So let it be. We've had a chip on our shoulders from what the Jets have done to us for 4 years. Their turn to have to answer back to our insults.

But I think Wanny will want to be "Professional" about it......$hit I hope NOT!...he better take into consideration what we have here! the sick A$$ YETS!

I think we need to play every down against the Jets like it is a tie game. If they had done this when I saw them 2 years ago live on MNF they would have won. That game was horrible. :(

Absolutely... run up the score... Wanny should make like Spurrier in Japan... take it to the house with every opportunity, and keep slamming them... even after the score is 62-0 in the 3rd qtr... and their 3rd stringers are in... let Lucas and the backups continue to pound them...over and over again... make them FEAR us for the game at the Meadowlands....
:shark:

Of course... a few years agao, you'd have thought 30-7 at the start of the 4th quarter was insurmountable.... keep the pedal to the metal until the play clock reads 0:00...

Go Fins!

No mercy this year, to quote Homer Simpson, "Take it to the hoop Selma!" I don't know what that means but uhmmmm :monkey:Jets!

Originally posted by js1701
Of course... a few years agao, you'd have thought 30-7 at the start of the 4th quarter was insurmountable.... keep the pedal to the metal until the play clock reads 0:00...

Go Fins!

And this is where Norv's will help us..In that debartle..the WR's and RB were the only thing the jets had to concentrate on and they won that match up in the 4th qtr..not so this time..so if we get a big lead..we will still have the jets quessing each play..and this can get us the first downs we need to keep the ball out of their hands.

IF?

... curse you with your IFS! :D When they are down, jam your boot into their throat and remind them who their daddy is!

Phins 42-0!

Oliver...

Originally posted by SkapePhin
Should the Phins run up the score!

I say YES! I want pay back for the last 4 years of torture!!:evil:

Back
Top Bottom