if there is no surtain trade, poll | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

if there is no surtain trade, poll

if you dont get a good trade for surtain....

• trade him for the best offer, no matter what it is

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • keep him and trade him next year

Votes: 32 50.0%
  • CUT him, so you arnt stuck with his cap hit

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • i dont want to trade him at all

Votes: 20 31.3%

• Total voters
There wouldn't be an option to trade him next year since he only has one year left on his contract. I say if we can get a 2nd rounder and maybe a later pick of course we trade. Worse comes to worse we re-negotiate some contracts and keep him for another year. After that he's free to sign with whatever team he wants. Though I'd much rather get picks for him then just let his contract expire.

If we don't get what we're asking for then Surtain will be a Phin. Saban isn't going to budge.

Themajster said:
There wouldn't be an option to trade him next year since he only has one year left on his contract. I say if we can get a 2nd rounder and maybe a later pick of course we trade. Worse comes to worse we re-negotiate some contracts and keep him for another year. After that he's free to sign with whatever team he wants. Though I'd much rather get picks for him then just let his contract expire.

You franchise him.

Themajster said:

i didnt know that...

i should have made that one of the options...:cry:

ch19079 said:
then you are left with 2 options:

trade him for less than hes worth.

or keep him and his cap hit

lol. none of those two options will come up because we'll trade him for fair to good market value on saturday...i'm sure that this is disappointing to you and your fellow bills peeps (hate to disappoint) but we no longer have desperate trigger happy wanny and spielman running the show around here.

actually, i formally wish your team the same fate that you hold for ours: that you guys have a horrible draft. :lol:

KuchaMucha said:
lol. none of those two options will come up because we'll trade him for fair to good market value on saturday...i'm sure that this is disappointing to you and your fellow bills peeps (hate to disappoint) but we no longer have desperate trigger happy wanny and spielman running the show around here.

actually, i formally wish your team the same fate that you hold for ours: that you guys have a horrible draft. :lol:

touche

on a side note:
i didnt know this one was called......FRENCH :french:

LOL

arsenal said:
you resign him, lowering the cap number with a backloaded contract...

To back load a contract it has to be long like 4 or 5 years and Surtain wont take a backloaded contract if it doesnt have a huge signing bonus, so we cant cut him before he sees the big money, we cant backload his contract. And also if it has a big signing bonus then we cant trade him.

Why can't we keep Madison & Surtain this year, see how they do in Saban's system, and then keep the better of the two after next season? Surtain can eventually switch to FS when he gets older, so he has more long-term value to the team, if money wasn't an issue.

its funny the #1 most picked poll option is not even possible. keep him and trade him next year? he is a FA next year, he'll be gone.

franchising him is out, because that means we'll have to give him a single-year salary that is MORE than what we'd be paying him THIS year. saban won't franchise him if they can't get a trade deal done for sure.

anyway, i see him getting traded saturday morning at least. Saban will get his 2nd round pick by some desperate team at that moment (hoping KC can't get their man at their 15th pick), or someone else. if not that, he'll take what he can get for surtain.

but with two first round draft picks imminent, i don't see us keeping him by any stretch of the imagination.

Back
Top Bottom