If there's a new coach next season | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If there's a new coach next season

dolfan25

Club Member
Reaction score
What happens if Crennell, Wise, Saban or Ferentz don't want to work with Rick? Those are the 4 candidates that I hope would fill the Fins vacancy.

Apparently Ferentz is tight with Pioli of the Pats and Saban has a connection with him too. Actually all 4 do. If they wanted a different GM would you not fire Rick and risk not getting any of them.

Of course if Wayne keeps Rick then he might ask him to do the hiring. If there is a hot coaching prospect next year(I personally hope we get Saban, I think he signed an extension after last year's national champ.)do you not fire Spielmann to get the guy you want.

Anyone who thinks the era of the coach with control is over needs to look again. I believe Belichek, Parcells, Gruden, Martz, Sherman and Andy Reid have final say over their organizations. Probably Dennis Green too.

Why would they not want to work with Spielman? Does he have B.O.?

I think if the Fins hired 1 of those guys they might ask for personnel control. Would Rick take going back to his old job? I'm not so sure.

I doubt a first time rookie coach will want all the power.. Someone like Crennel will welcome a GM imo.. They have been working their entire career for a HC job.

I actually think Wanny might get more lienency this year with all the s*** that had gone wrong. He may get an extra season, after all he is signed for three more years.

dolfan25 said:
What happens if Crennell, Wise, Saban or Ferentz don't want to work with Rick? Those are the 4 candidates that I hope would fill the Fins vacancy.

:confused: strange question...... :confused: :confused:

dolfan25 said:

Apparently Ferentz is tight with Pioli of the Pats and Saban has a connection with him too. Actually all 4 do. If they wanted a different GM would you not fire Rick and risk not getting any of them.

Of course if Wayne keeps Rick then he might ask him to do the hiring. If there is a hot coaching prospect next year(I personally hope we get Saban, I think he signed an extension after last year's national champ.)do you not fire Spielmann to get the guy you want.

Anyone who thinks the era of the coach with control is over needs to look again. I believe Belichek, Parcells, Gruden, Martz, Sherman and Andy Reid have final say over their organizations. Probably Dennis Green too.
If you want a top notch coach to come to Miami we need a GM who is respected and has a proven record.(Mueller,Pioli).Rick S has to go.I dont understand why some people on this board defend him..He has been unimpressive so far.The situation we are living through right now could have been avoided if we would have taken a WR in the draft.Boston has a history of injuries.We needed insurance.We still have gaping holes in our OL.We needed to sign more quality players especially at LT where yet again we are trusting Smith to get through a season injury free(remember Dixon last year.no plan to replace him with his history of injuries.) The foulup with the Mac signing.There has been consistent bad planning by this FO.

Add to this the mistakes in this draft.Giving up a 4th pick to move up one spot to get Carey who was projected as an early 2nd rounder (No more OL were taken after him until the 2nd round.)Carey has not been able to beat out journeryman St Clair at RT.

Knowing that our ofense needed help they did not draft anyone who touches the ball (RB,WR,PR,KR,QB)

And most of all I dont understand why he gets a free ride on past busted picks.Sure he didnt make the final decisions but he submitted his recommendations to Dave for his final approval.

Rick has done good. I say keep him. He wenyt and put players in holes we had. Let's not judge the players he picked this year (his first) until they play. Anything before this year doesn't count against Rick.

Do the majority of Dolphin fans think Wannstedt will be gone at the end of this year or will he be given a free pass because of all the craziness of your offseason?

Bills2SB said:
Do the majority of Dolphin fans think Wannstedt will be gone at the end of this year or will he be given a free pass because of all the craziness of your offseason?
Personally I think he should have been gone this year . But I am not owner or GM. But since he has like another year or so he may end up doing current contract unless there is somebody decent out there to coach.:goof:

Back
Top Bottom