If this team passes on Boston.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If this team passes on Boston....

Re: Re: If this team passes on Boston....

Originally posted by Mile High Fin

"This team is a joke"???? Your definition of a "joke" must be extremely broad. A team that wins 41 games over the last 4 years is NOT a joke.
If you think the team would've been better w/o Wanny, fine; that's your opinion. But nevertheless, it is NOT a "joke". GET REAL......... Are all 31 teams that don't win the SB a "joke" in your mind.... GET REAL dude.

I can't remember seeing a more negative post than this dude...
It's people like this who are only happy if you're 17-0 and SB Champs.......otherwise, the team SUCKS......no matter what.

PS - Get another team to root for......:roflmao:

Now this is the reply I expect from Stepford fans. This team has gotten worse NOT better, and we are not getting any younger on defense. I am a huge fan of this team and follow them religiously year round, but what has happend over the Wannstedt regime (back to back failed playoff seasons, late season collapses continuing, undisciplined team with continuyed stupid penalties, terrible QB play, Marino fiasco, AJ Feeley draft raping trade, etc....) has been terrible. Yes, ofcourse I will always root for this team but for the first time (probably ever), I have lost complete faith in this team and more specifically Front office and coaching. I actually expect failure, and this makes being a fan that much harder. Perhpas I will be proved wrong, but how can anyone really sit here and sat that things are going well for us with this regime. HOW ?????????????

My instinct jgar is that if you're a longtime dolfan and are "use to heartache" then you're just the type of guy thats gonna feel that way about any team you're a fan of.

Some people need to relax. Boston is a good idea IMO, because I like the idea of entering the first round of the draft with no gaping holes anywhere that forces us to only look at one position...however, not getting him is not the end of the world or even to be viewed as a "bad" thing. Its not like he's this all pro talent that would be coming cheap. Neither is true. There's serious questions as to whether or not he'll ever attain the form he had when he got 1600 yards, and not the least part of that is wondering if the guy will come here rub everyone the wrong way and be a downright detriment to the team. Plus his contract is a pretty expensive one from a base salary standpoint. Yeah we could bring that down, but that means committing large amounts of guaranteed dollars to a man with an unsavory character that you can't guarantee will be around very long. This guy is easily about as bad as Daryl Gardener as far as character and standoffishness.

Its got its positives and its negatives. Its worth doing, but only barely so. Therefore if he goes somewhere else, its really no big loss because we get almost as many negatives from him as we do positives.

Dude, of course hindsight is always 20-20 and improvements can ALWAYS be made.
However, this attitude of "THE SKY IS FALLING" is flat wrong.

There are Pros & Cons to EVERY choice (Free agents & Drafts).

For example, if we passed on AJ Feeley, and drafted a QB, we'd be looking at a learning curve........with NO guarantee of success. For every McNabb, there's an Akili Smith....... AJ is much more ready to start, and may very well blossom into the next "QB out of nowhere"...

Pros & Cons dude...

Yet you only see the Cons, without acknowledging the Pros (or the Cons to your opinions/choices).... You only focus on the negative.
Your way is 100% right, and the FO is 100% wrong.
Yeah.......that's objective and real.... :roflmao:

But, hey, I guess that's what you'd like to do. You must be one of those "the glass is always half-empty" type guys....

Hey, I want a SB win as bad as anyone, and I see that this FO is making changes.....maybe they'll work.....maybe they won't. But your opinion that they're clueless idiots is just ludicrous.
:roflmao:

ck.....MHF.....If your' two posts don't change jgar's opinion....don't even try again....you can't be any more convincing.....it would be a lost cause.

Re: Re: If this team passes on Boston....

Originally posted by TerryTate

Whoa whoa man...just because another team is talking to Boston doesnt mean hes in the bag over there.........relax!

He's in the bag over there.....were doomed.

David Boston could have been a great player, but I think becoming obsessed with looking like a body builder and concentrating less on being a football player has really hurt his career. Not to mention he's got major character issues and has had injury problems. Remember the story last year about not wanting to practice and telling his teammates not to hit him because he just got nipple rings and they were still tender?

I mean I just don't think the guy cares about winning or a SB or his teammates or anything except looking like a muscle freak and getting a big paycheck. There's a reason Arizona had no interest in re-signing him and SD already wants to get rid of him after just one season. I don't know why any of you would want him on your team. He only brings problems.

Originally posted by jgarMD
If Wanny and Spielman pass on a talent like Boston then I think there is no longer any doubt that we are fuc*ed as an organization and it may be years before we rebound. These two roaring idiots are killing this historically great franchise. I am sick to my stomach at these A$$holes being played like a bunch of amateurs by agents and FA. I don't want to hear any $hit about me getting "another team to root for yada yada yada". This team is getting worse every f'ing year and there is no denying it. I would be willing to bet good money that these morons go defense in the draft, mark my words. I can't for the life of me figure out how a total imbecile like Wannstedt keeps his job, it is unfathomable.....This team is a joke. Teams like the Jets are even laughing at us. Gimme a break people. When/IF these morons blow this draft and FA period there needs to be wide spread revolt at the ticket office, that is the only thing that speaks.

God, this team disgusts me.

If they pass, they just pass, you guys are going overboard on this board...it's not July yet.

I think it is a big deal if we don't get Boston he has experience he is good has a chance at 1200 10 or 12 tds a year he has proved that on a bad team. Now I don't think the organization is a joke or anything yes they have made a mistake or 2 but have make some good decisions two just like every organization. You can load a team with talent and still be terrible ask the Redskins every year. I think we will be in good shape next year the only question I have is Coaching.

Originally posted by Noland
I think it is a big deal if we don't get Boston he has experience he is good has a chance at 1200 10 or 12 tds a year he has proved that on a bad team. Now I don't think the organization is a joke or anything yes they have made a mistake or 2 but have make some good decisions two just like every organization. You can load a team with talent and still be terrible ask the Redskins every year. I think we will be in good shape next year the only question I have is Coaching.

I think there's a lot of talent in this draft class as well, time will tell. But if we don't sign Boston, I don't think our season is over...

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

I think there's a lot of talent in this draft class as well, time will tell. But if we don't sign Boston, I don't think our season is over...

No, I don't think the season will be over with out Boston. I would just like to see the FO to take a chance on some like Boston. If we sign Boston we would have a young WR and then we could draft a OL if we can't get what we need in FA's then we would be set with a young OL and a young Probowl WR.

It would'nt be the end of the world if we don't get Boston but I would love to buy a Miami Dolphins jersey with David Boston name on the back.:cool:

Originally posted by Noland

No, I don't think the season will be over with out Boston. I would just like to see the FO to take a chance on some like Boston. If we sign Boston we would have a young WR and then we could draft a OL if we can't get what we need in FA's then we would be set with a young OL and a young Probowl WR.

It would'nt be the end of the world if we don't get Boston but I would love to buy a Miami Dolphins jersey with David Boston name on the back.:cool:

yea, but that chance has to be at the right price, there's a chance to resign Ogun to long contract too, so let'a see the thinking first.

Back
Top Bottom