If Tua stays in school... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Tua stays in school...

Carne Asada

there be no distractions for our team
Club Member
Reaction score
Would you be comfortable with punting the QB pick into next year?

Specially if we pick #2.

It might be a blessing in disguise...

We could trade down, amass even more draft assets, pick up as many of his receivers as posible and the best OL coming out and make sure the cupboard isn't that bare when he gets here.

Just leave most of the defense as is... actually trade X and keep our same 2 QBs and same RBs.

That will guarantee we still pick somewhere near the top, lol!

Another tank season, not sure I would be on board with that. Still say with the right people in charge, and the jury is certainly still out on what we have here now, you don't need to tank to rebuild your team. After all weren't we supposed to tank for some other QB a while back when we won too many meaningless games? What team does that QB play for again? I wonder if that team would currently be the 2 seed in the AFC playoff picture without that QB but instead a dominant offensive line? All interesting questions.

If Tua stays and I do believe that we will screw the tank and not get the 1st pick. Cincinnati will take Burrow 1st. I would take Young with the 2nd pick then hope that Herbert falls to our Pittsburgh pick. If not, go Oline and maybe go with Eason in the 2nd round. We definitely need to focus on supporting cast because no QB will be successful on this team.

Chase Young is my pick, even if Tua comes out. Tua staying in school just makes it a no-brainer

I'd trade down if Tua doesn't come out. I like Burrow but even if we pick#1, if Burrow beats 'Bama, wins the SEC, the Heisman and the Nat'l Title, Tua might not come out and Burrow might prove too tempting for the Bengals and they might be willing to sell the farm to us.

I'd trade down if Tua doesn't come out. I like Burrow but even if we pick#1, if Burrow beats 'Bama, wins the SEC, the Heisman and the Nat'l Title, Tua might not come out and Burrow might prove too tempting for the Bengals and they might be willing to sell the farm to us.

Oh yea, I have always wanted to take another teams future. Plus, we can count on Cincinnati picks being high since they usually suck.

I'd ask for #2, #34, their next years 2nd and Jonah Williams, I'm being generous here.

From there I would offer #2 to Atlanta picking around #5 for #5, #37, and Calvin Ridley. I might even take a next year 2nd but Ridley is a must have for me.

I would then proceed to take Jeudy.

Then say the Steelers' pick is around #11, trade down again. As far as you can before Houston's pick around #24. That's say for two second rd picks. One this year, one next. One of Ruggs and Smith must be there.

Trade Houston's pick for another 2nd this year and a next year's first.

Pick Alex Leatherwood with any of those second rd picks. Punt as many assets as posible into next year.

Last edited:
I though that whole point of this season is they WANT Tua. I’m sure I read we have been courting him for nigh on 2 years.

Chase may well be the best player in next years draft but it looks like Tua is the best QB by some
distance. I’d be stunned if we didn’t pick him if he’s available to us.

I though that whole point of this season is they WANT Tua. I’m sure I read we have been courting him for nigh on 2 years.

Chase may well be the best player in next years draft but it looks like Tua is the best QB by some

If he is on the board for us, I’d bet we take him. But, it doesn’t look like we are the only team that is tanking and some teams are doing a better job of tanking. Also, there is a chance Tua stays in college which would really change the draft.

Right? That's why the question is and what if he doesn't come out?

The more I look at Tua the less I like. Lacks ideal size. Durability issues.
More facilitator (i.e., point guard) than dominator. I certainly don't see a
future Aaron Rogers. Weak arm.

Lacks velocity on intermediate and deeper throws. His lack of zip will be
exponentially more critical in Pros (doubt he participates in the combine
because his arm will be exposed). Escapability and scrambling are good,
not great. The "system" and players around him significantly mask his
weaknesses. That won't be true in the NFL.

Couple that with a potential draft like this:

R1
Chase Young
Andrew Thomas
Creed Humphrey

R2
Jake Fromm
or Jordon Love

I'm more than OK if he stays away!

:lol:

The more I look at Tua the less I like. Lacks ideal size. Durability issues.
More facilitator (i.e., point guard) than dominator. I certainly don't see a
future Aaron Rogers. Weak arm.

Lacks velocity on intermediate and deeper throws. His lack of zip will be
exponentially more critical in Pros (doubt he participates in the combine
because his arm will be exposed). Escapability and scrambling are good,
not great. The "system" and players around him significantly mask his
weaknesses. That won't be true in the NFL.

Couple that with a potential draft like this:

R1
Chase Young
Andrew Thomas
Creed Humphrey

R2
Jake Fromm
or Jordon Love

I'm more than OK if he stays away!

:lol:

Scorned Rosen fan. This post makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom