If we didnt have the bye next week, would Ricky have gotten 42 carries? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we didnt have the bye next week, would Ricky have gotten 42 carries?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I say yes since this game was THAT important... but I think the BYE being there and having 2 weeks to rest Ricky played a big part in the decision to keep grinding Ricky..

Bye week couldn't come at a better time for Ricky. He just had 34 carries last week and this week we ran his butt into the ground with 42 carries. YOWCH.

There is a better time. However Miami is going to have to earn that one

He wasnt even tierd ethier, the ENTIRE bills defence was huffing and puffing after rickys 12 carrys in a row, but at that time ricky was breathing like i would if i went up the stairs

My favorite part about it is how he looked after we rode him like... well a dreadlocked deamon: NOT TIRED. Did you see him at the end... no hands on the knees... no panting or showing any signs of wearing out. While I would prefer not to have to grind him into the ground... knowing that he is available to us at 110% effort even after all that is OUTSTANDING

I think he still would have gotten the carries but Minor would have gotten more carries next week. Good job by the schedule makers.

He gets tired, and he'll feel it tomorrow trust me. He just doesn't ever show how tired he is on the field. I think its something he concentrates on doing. But I remember one time he ran like 35 times against New England for just over 100 yards on the way to a win for us, and he didn't look tired during the game, but then on his website a few days later he complained that it was the most tiring experience he'd just about ever been through. He said compared to that game, other games he was walking away from them fresh as ever.

Dolphins controlled the clock for over 40 minutes in this game. WOW

Regardless if he's just trying not to show it... not only did he not show it after the play, he didn't show it DURING the play. If he really is tired, scratch my previous remark about 110% and make that 210%

The answer to the question is hell no!

He would not have carried it 42 times had we not had a bye the following week.

Norv is not that stupid.

Unlike some other coach that ran the dog crap out of one of our guys. Then we had to endure a 62-7 "dragging" the following week because our back had no legs.

i remember about halfway thru the 4th quarter thinking they would have spelled him alot more with minor and konrad would have been more involved...had there been a game next week

no way...Minor would have gotten in there more than once (on 3rd down) if we had a game next week.

Back
Top Bottom