If we finish 10-6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we finish 10-6

SDFinFan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
will we be the first team to finish 10-6 or better, and NOT make the playoffs?? I can't remember the last team that did this.

I don't think a 10 win team has ever missed the playoffs.

If we win next week, people will argue for there to be more playoff teams. I remember people were talking about adding 2 extra teams to the playoffs, and I think those talks may come back.

No, it's happened before. I think two teams have missed it at 10-6; might have been in the same season.

I don't recall when, but I remember reading it a couple weeks ago.

thats because of the way the system is built now.....before there were only 3 division winners, so a 10-6 team rarely missed the playoffs, & BTW, no one will be arguing about it except for us that got screwed.

Yeah it kinda sux. An 8-8 division winner gets to the playoffs while an 11-5 or better team stays home. It needs to be addressed this year.

The Dolphins didn't get screwed. They lost to the Texans.

My understanding of the effort last year to get more wild cards was that there were enough who supported it to take a vote but that an agreement was struck to stick to the original expansion plan and wait until this offseason to consider it. I have to think that a 10-6 team out of the playoffs would only encourage the change.

You have to understand that no owner wants to be 10-6 and finish out of the money. I also have to guess that more playoff games means more cash...

Originally posted by outtawack311
I cant argue that last post. If we beat the teams we should beat then we make it in.

If Denver had beaten Chicago at home (a very winnable game), and we beat the Texans (another winnable game), then we would have gone 11-5 and still missed the playoffs due to losing the tiebreaker to Tennessee. This playoff system has got to be fixed by adding another wild card team. Cincy or the Ravens might be 9-7 and still get in. Think about it.

no, i like the fact only the teams that earn it get in. We didn't earn it at all this year.

Cowboys and Ravens are only winning team we've beaten.

We didn't deserve to go to playoffs and winning your division should be the way to get in. It's like baseball, only the division winners and one team get in. I like the regular season to mean something.

We're just upset because we didn't get in.

Back
Top Bottom