If we get LaVar.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we get LaVar....

phinfan88

Practice Squad
Reaction score
If we get LaVar Arrington what do u think about going after Brodrick Bunkley in the 1st round to put some youth in the DT position?

Love to have him, but I see him going top 10, possibly Buffalo.

WelcomeBack said:
I really want to trade down and get some more picks, maybe a late 1st, a 2nd and a 5th or 6th.

I agree

I am very strong againist taking a DT until the 7th. We have much bigger needs, Than again I would choose him as a last resort. however I do see at Least one of the guys I want being there or we just trade down.

The Guys I really want -

1. Winston Justice OT USC
2. Chad Jackson WR UF
3. Santonio Holmes WR Ohio ST
4. Ko Simpson S the real USC ( I am an SEC guy :D )
5. Best available DB to add either depth or challenge for a starting spot.

phinfan88 said:
If we get LaVar Arrington what do u think about going after Brodrick Bunkley in the 1st round to put some youth in the DT position?

He's more a DT in the 4-3, I don't know he fits in the 3-4 scheme.

If we go DT, I think it is in the later rounds. We can take care of more pressing needs early on, and with Manny Wright possibly coming in better shape than he was last year, and Kevin Vickerson possibly coming back, I think our DT's are solid. Atleast solid enough to not go DT in the 1st.

Skeet84 said:
I am very strong againist taking a DT until the 7th.

Why? Its a pretty serious need. We need some youth up front. Holliday, Zgonina, and Traylor won't be here long. We have Wright and maybe Vickerson but other than that its pretty thin. OLB, S, backup QB, and Oline depth are the only more serious needs right now.

WelcomeBack said:
Atleast solid enough to not go DT in the 1st.

Now that I agree with, but to say DT is not a need is just flat out wrong.

SpeedRush99 said:
Why? Its a pretty serious need. We need some youth up front. Holliday, Zgonina, and Traylor won't be here long. We have Wright and maybe Vickerson but other than that its pretty thin. OLB, S, backup QB, and Oline depth are the only more serious needs right now.

Yeah they will be gone and your right it is a need, But not this year. Vickerson I have heard good things about and he should be healthy this year and only help us. I do also expect us to sign Sam Adams for a 2 or 3 year deal. We have other pressing needs and next year when we have more picks than yes go after a DT! Marcus Thomas and Scoop :D j/k

Phins28 said:
He's more a DT in the 4-3, I don't know he fits in the 3-4 scheme.

he could play end in the 3-4.. .hes got the athleticism... hed do what kevin carter does for us now...

SpeedRush99 said:
Now that I agree with, but to say DT is not a need is just flat out wrong.

I agree with you, we need youth in our DL, but I rather draft Ko Simpson in the first, then draft Babatunde Oshinowo in 4th round, he fits in the 3-4.

Phins28 said:
I agree with you, we need youth in our DL, but I rather draft Ko Simpson in the first, then draft Babatunde Oshinowo in 4th round, he fits in the 3-4.

That would be great. I'm not trying to say take a DT in the 1st, just that DT is a pretty serious need.

SpeedRush99 said:
That would be great. I'm not trying to say take a DT in the 1st, just that DT is a pretty serious need.

Yes is a very serious need, Traylor is 37, Jeff Zgonina 35, Carter 32, Holliday 30. We need youth badly.

Phins28 said:
Yes is a very serious need, Traylor is 37, Jeff Zgonina 35, Carter 32, Holliday 30. We need youth badly.

Exactly, even with Wright and Vickerson. They are both unexperienced and obviously can't play every defensive down in a game. We need young depth.

Back
Top Bottom