If we have 2 number 1's do you think its still unlikely that we may spend 1 on Rivers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we have 2 number 1's do you think its still unlikely that we may spend 1 on Rivers

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I think its possible.. How old is Rivers? He would be the backup plan for Feeley.

I don't think Rivers will be there at #20 anymore. Unless we plan on moving up in the draft, I'd say our chances of drafting a QB in the first round are about zero....

I wouldn't mind drafting one of those elite WR's though....

PHINZ RULE!!!:pirate:

I think that it is veru possible. Personally i would love to see that happen. Though in the long term i would see Feeley as Rivers' backup.

However, it looks like we're going to come out of the first round with WR/Carey.

IMO we're not going after him (and that pisses me off).

It's one thing to bring in a competitive QB that can start now (Feeley or Rammsey) and hope they can become the real man, yet get Rivers to sit behind them. It's quite another to give that potential QB we bring in a 5 million dollar bonus. That is what burns me about this whole deal. We take a 5 million dollar cap hit if this guy flops outright. he can pull his best Ray Lucas impression every game he plays, yet our hands are tied with a cap hit that will be over 5 million if we have to cut him. To me, that bonus means he's the starter for the next few years. IF they had just brought him in, under current contract I'd say there's a chance we still go for Rivers. But not with that bonus there.

They are not going to spend a future 2nd on a QB and then use a 1st to take another quarterback.

Miami will go after a wide receiver and an offensive guard if they have two first round picks.

Miami has their QB of the present and at least near future. I believe he will be in Miami for a long time, because he's a very good young QB. Miami will give him some blockers and some weapons now.

Back
Top Bottom