If we miss out on Shawn Andrews...what about Stacy? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we miss out on Shawn Andrews...what about Stacy?

Noodle Arm

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
There's a good chance Shawn Andrews will be gone before we pick at #20, so I started looking at some info on his brother Stacy. This guy is pretty intriguing and personally I wouldn't mind the Phins picking this guy up later in the draft. Only problem is he's very RAW...he only played 5 games, but when he's played he's graded out as one of the best on the field. Stacy is 6'6", 345, extremely athletic and smart. Obviously he wouldn't start right away (although it's tempting with his size), but I think he could eventually be a great player..the tools are there. What do you guys think?

Some profiles: Stacy Andrews
Another one

clear.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Noodle Arm
There's a good chance Shawn Andrews will be gone before we pick at #20, so I started looking at some info on his brother Stacy. This guy is pretty intriguing and personally I wouldn't mind the Phins picking this guy up later in the draft. Only problem is he's very RAW...he only played 5 games, but when he's played he's graded out as one of the best on the field. Stacy is 6'6", 345, extremely athletic and smart. Obviously he wouldn't start right away (although it's tempting with his size), but I think he could eventually be a great player..the tools are there. What do you guys think?

Some profiles: Stacy Andrews
Another one

clear.gif

Thanks for the info. I wouldn't mind the Phins picking him up either.

I've been saying this all along, since Shawn will prolly be gone by 20. Hopefully Stacy will be there in the 4th.

Stacey has mammoth size and great speed too...runs the 40 about 5.03 or so and had a good broad jump. He use to be a track star I think.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/stacy_andrews

Here is the bio lind I posted last week on him....4.96 in the forty, originally competed in weightlifitng...

He seems to be a gifted athlete, like his bro. He is not as experienced in football, tho...only played this past year....could be a late rounder or even a possible FA pu after the draft....I like his potential....

I'm thinkin a tackle prospect like him doesnt make it to the lowest rounds. Tackles with those kind of athletic gifts are snatched up at a premium.

he will go in round 3 because of the lack of olinemen in the draft.

stacy andrews is a day 2 pick.. round 4 - 5!!! and a perfect pick for miami ...

Would be crazy if we picked up shawn in the first and stacy in the third. Ever been brothers starting on the same o-line before???

Originally posted by TheBostonBomber
Would be crazy if we picked up shawn in the first and stacy in the third. Ever been brothers starting on the same o-line before???
we can then trade for Steve Mck from Houston and move Seth over to RG :lol:

seriously
Stacy has played in a total of five college games
:eek: what the heck is wrong w/the HC of Mississippi not to get this guy onto the football field where the school makes all their money :confused:

tremendous athletic ability, had he concentrated on football as much as shawn did he would probably be a higher rated pick than shawn, since he doesn't have the weight issues. would like to see fins get him, probably take a 4th rounder though.

Back
Top Bottom