If we pass on Tannehill at #8, Where does he get picked? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we pass on Tannehill at #8, Where does he get picked?

foozool13

#12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Just a thought here about Tannehill. A lot of people seem to think that Tannehil is not "worth" a top 10 pick in the draft. Which is arguable both ways and has been argued ad nauseum. So I thought I would pose the question, IF we pass on Tannehill at #8, where does he get drafted???

Looking at the draft order below here are my thoughts:

2012 NFL Draft Order (First Round)

8. Miami Dolphins
9. Carolina Panthers - NO
10. Buffalo Bills - NO
11. Kansas City Chiefs - Highly Possible
12. Seattle Seahawks - NO, They just signed Flynn and if they grab Tannehill they are basically the dumbest people ever.
13. Arizona Cardinals - NO, they just paid Kolb a $7 Million roster bonus.
14. Dallas Cowboys - NO
15. Philadelphia Eagles - VERY LOW chance, I think this could be a wildcard. If Luchley is not there, it could happen, but Id say 20% chance.
16. New York Jets - NO
17. Cincinnati Bengals (Acquired from Oakland Raiders) - NO (Possible trade up spot for us here)
18. San Diego Chargers - NO
19. Chicago Bears - NO
20. Tennessee Titans - NO
21. Cincinnati Bengals - NO (Possible trade up spot for us here)
22. Cleveland Browns (Acquired from Atlanta Falcons) - 100%
23. Detroit Lions - NO
24. Pittsburgh Steelers - NO
25. Denver Broncos - Maybe
26. Houston Texans - NO
27. New England Patriots (Acquired from New Orleans Saints) - NO
28. Green Bay Packers - NO
29. Baltimore Ravens - NO
30. San Francisco 49ers - NO
31. New England Patriots - NO
32. New York Giants - NO

To me if he slips past KC at 11, he could start to slide quite a bit and we could then trade back in to snag him at #17 or #21. I feel like Cincy would be willing to trade one of the picks since they have two. 1st in 2013 and a 3rd this year (For comparison, Denver traded its 2010 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounders to move back into round 1 for Tebow for Baltimores 2010 1st round pick - #25 Overall)?

I would love to come out of Round 1 with Luchley and Tannehill or Floyd and Tannehill. Then grab a RT in round 2.

I think he goes to Cleveland at 22 for sure. That would also leave Weeden to fall to us in the 2nd. If the draft ended up falling that way, with us getting a pass-rusher or Floyd at 8 and Weeden in the 2nd, I'd be thrilled. Any objective analyst wouldn't be able to criticize that...

Back
Top Bottom