If we sign Woody..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we sign Woody.....

FireinCairo

Starter
Reaction score
If we sign do sign Woody, then I doubt that we will draft an o-linemen in the first round. That taken into account, we will probably draft a defensive player with one of our first round picks, assuming seattle or another team signs Ogun. I was wondering if a bunch of fans would be pissed if we drafted a defensive player in the first round. i personally think we need a defensive tackle and a safety.

I'd be pissed to draft a defensive player. We easily have one of the best defenses in the league. And it will last at least another 2 years or so, honestly I don't care for picking up new players and getting them ready, we'll worry about that bridge when we get there.

Right now the only thing I care about is getting a bowl, and I hope its the same in the FO. We need to probably grab another QB, and another 2 OL, and another WR if possible. I'd like to see us pick up T.O. Pick up Woody, and then trade O-Gun for a (hopefully early) 1st and 3rd. Then throw D.Bowins in for O-Gun (remember he beat him out in the training camp) Draft Rivers (if we can, if not a OL) If we draft rivers, go try and pickup another OL... maybe Timmerman? If we don't get Rivers pray for Ramsey from the Skinz with our other 1st....

pls no D player in the 1st round. OH HELL YEAH! I would be mad if our FO did this esp when we all know we need to fix our O before our D. i think we can plug our D in later rounds.

Even if we do sign Woody, we still have holes on our offensive line. We could draft a guy like Jake Grove who I think would be able to step in right away at center and be an improvement over McKinney.

One free agent signing at the offensive line should not prevent us from drafting OL in the first round. Our offensive line was awful in every single way last season and signing Woody will not instantly make it a good line, although I do think Woody would be a very good signing.

I wouldn't mind if if we drafted a DT. They are getting kind of old.

Originally posted by Sage's #1 Fan
In the draft, we should only be looking at two letters. WR

The original poster said with ONE of our 1st rounder picks, which shows that he's projecting that we have multiple picks(Wale).

If one of our NEED positions was filled via free agency and we in fact, had two first round picks, I wouldn't mind seieng one of them go towards the defense. However, I have a suspicion that if we get two first round picks we will be moving them for an early round pick or one for a couple of second rounders.

I'd like to see a WR and a good OL selected in the first if we have 2 firsts. Maybe get another DT somewhere too. We need a young/strong tackle and CB to groom.

Originally posted by FireinCairo
If we sign do sign Woody, then I doubt that we will draft an o-linemen in the first round. That taken into account, we will probably draft a defensive player with one of our first round picks, assuming seattle or another team signs Ogun. I was wondering if a bunch of fans would be pissed if we drafted a defensive player in the first round. i personally think we need a defensive tackle and a safety.

Darnell Docket but he's to small for Wannestadt's D.

I wouldn't mind drafting a d-player if we ended up losing Ogunleye.

I think the logic is sound. We have Feeley now, we're dumping a lot of the interior OL. It looks like we're keeping Wade. If we get Woody then yeah I think the chances are we could draft a WR and then draft someone on defense that can help take Ogunleye's place. I would not mind Darnall Dockett but that would mean cutting Zgonina or TimBo. I certainly wouldn't mind drafting a CB either if a good one fell to us because lets face it the fact that Jamar never panned out doesnt mean we should avoid corners in the first round it means we're forced to try it again...until it works.

Madison's agent doesnt seem like he wants to play ball with the paycut.

I wouldn't be upset. There are some good DTs available. I don't see much at S after Taylor.

However, I'd prefer QB. The DT class is deep enough that we could use our second 3rd rounder to get one.

If we signed Woody, I'd be okay with a first rounder going to defense only if Ogunleye walked in free agency. But if we only have one first rounder, then no, we still need more work on offense. WR is still a major need, and even with Woody, we could use some work on the OL.

Call me crazy, but if we have 2 1st rounders this year we should get Grove and Carey. Lets fix the oline now. Run Ricky Run!

Back
Top Bottom