If we take Edwards....... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we take Edwards.......

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
What would the cap hit be if we cut Derrius Thompson?

Cause with Chambers, Edwards, Booker, we don't need Derrius! And Im wondering if we can get any cap savings there or if we would incurr a cap hit which means we are stuck with his butt on the bench.

MikeO said:

Cause with Chambers, Edwards, Booker, we don't need Derrius! And Im wondering if we can get any cap savings there or if we would incurr a cap hit which means we are stuck with his butt on the bench.

From reading the cap page I think it saves us about a million.

But I could be wrong and I probably am.

I would imagine Booker would be the more likely to get the axe, as it were. We might be able to give him back to Chicago for a 6th rounder, or something...

MikeO said:

I don't know what the cap savings would be, but I'm taking it you would want Newson as our 4th reciever in that scenario. Personally, I'd rather keep Thompson.

theFreak41 said:
I would imagine Booker would be the more likely to get the axe, as it were. We might be able to give him back to Chicago for a 6th rounder, or something...

You DO remember we traded Adewale Ogunleye for this guy right? Booker 'aint going NOWHERE. Why do so many people want to get rid of Booker? What's wrong with you people?

theFreak41 said:

Not a chance.. Booker will be around, and why the heck not. He plays well and will fit in nicely with the new system and a 3 WR set. Derrius, if anybody, will be the man to go.

Imagine Edwards, Chambers, Booker, McMike all on the same field.. someone is bound to be open.

FireWrongstedt said:
You DO remember we traded Adewale Ogunleye for this guy right? Booker 'aint going NOWHERE. Why do so many people want to get rid of Booker? What's wrong with you people?

Ditto.

kizzaboo said:
Not a chance.. Booker will be around, and why the heck not. He plays well and will fit in nicely with the new system and a 3 WR set. Derrius, if anybody, will be the man to go.

Imagine Edwards, Chambers, Booker, McMike all on the same field.. someone is bound to be open.

:yeahthat:

FinsFanatic said:
we wont cut DT........what about injuries..............he was decent last year

He was ok, yeah...but if we took Braylon he'd be our 4th WR. Do you want a 4th WR with a 1mil cap number? I dont.

If mia drafts edwards he will be traded fro the best offer possibly a player and picks. just dont know who ?

Booker has a very cap friendly contract

Back
Top Bottom