If you can't wait to find out what type....... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If you can't wait to find out what type.......

mario88vega

Starter
Reaction score
Of head coach Nick Saban is, I suggest you read his book "HOW GOOD DO YOU WANT TO BE?" It is an excellent book, and you will understand exactly where Saban comes from, how he handles certain situations on and off the field, and what type of person he really is.....I'll tell you one thing, I personally, im only half way through the book, and trust me Saban is an extremely impressive human being, so far i have a great feeling about our future!!!!!!!!!!

Barnes and Noble has it in hard cover. It sells for $24.95 but you can get it there for 19.96, or order it on-line.

Ya' know, I've always thought it was pretty stupid of a coach to write a book like that. If I'm the other coaches in the NFL especially the AFC east I would study, take notes, watch game tape and by mid-season completely understand what is needed to shut down the stratagies used by Saban or any other coach that would be arrogant enough to convey all his tips, tricks, stratagies, or personall happenings in relation to the game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm unbeleivably happy about Saban directing the future of the Dolphins. I think he is an outstanding coach, modivator, and obviously has the desire to get it done.

Just maybe the book should have been writen at the end of his career instead of the beginning of the high point of his career.

jagmagicus said:
Ya' know, I've always thought it was pretty stupid of a coach to write a book like that. If I'm the other coaches in the NFL especially the AFC east I would study, take notes, watch game tape and by mid-season completely understand what is needed to shut down the stratagies used by Saban or any other coach that would be arrogant enough to convey all his tips, tricks, stratagies, or personall happenings in relation to the game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm unbeleivably happy about Saban directing the future of the Dolphins. I think he is an outstanding coach, modivator, and obviously has the desire to get it done.

Just maybe the book should have been writen at the end of his career instead of the beginning of the high point of his career.

I'm sure he didn't exactly print his playbook in the book. Then again, I've never read it so I guess it is a possibility.

jagmagicus said:

The book has nothing to do with X's and O's. The whole book is about the path to success and the attitude it requires. It's hardly even about football but it certainly does show what kind of coach and person Nick Saban is.

jagmagicus said:

I have to disagree with your reasoning. The network of coaches is small enough that any pro-coach (and high profile college coaches) knows a great deal about any other before the first snap of the ball. Dont forget that Saban and Bellichek (sp) already have a history together. I don't think that by reading about how Nick conducts training camp any other coach is going to have a leg up. IMO.

I'm sure his playbook isn't in it, but in a stratagy type situation the more info you have on your apponant the better and I'm just saying I would rather have that kind of info on our apponant instead of them having it on us.

I doubt I will watch any game and say, "DAMN THAT BOOK WE WOULD HAVE WON IF IT WERN'T FOR IT" but in a critical moment I would hate for Belichek or some other coach to have info that may give them any advantage.

Once again he's a great coach and I'm sure the book is outstanding due to his impressive record. He has to be an awesome motivator.

Come on his playbook is not in there, and he's coaching at a different level now, but you get a very good idea of what type of person Nick Saban is and what he requires out of his players, and coaches....

Back
Top Bottom