If you had to choose between Woody and Tait. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If you had to choose between Woody and Tait.

If you HAD to choose.

• OT John Tait

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • G/C Damien Woody

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Neither

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
I would rather have Tait.
There are more solid guards available than tackles. If we sign Tait, we could also get someone like J James to fill a guard spot.
We could then find an inside lineman through the draft (Carey or my preference would be Jake Grove at center).
I like the looks of

W Smith-S McKinney-J Grove-J James-J Tait
Jerman, Yates, Whitley back-ups

This line is very possible if we lose Ogun.

They don't necessarily share everyone else's view on his market value maybe. Hard to say. They could have just done it because they'd like to keep him if the contract was right.

That is also a strong argument unclemonty. The tackle market is not very good, and neither is the draft class for tackles. The inside OL market still holds some serviceable guys and then there's guys like Grove and Carey in the draft.

For instance if we had a choice between signing Kelvin Garmon, Jeno James, and John Tait....or getting Damien Woody and John Tait, I would get Garmon and James.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
They don't necessarily share everyone else's view on his market value maybe. Hard to say. They could have just done it because they'd like to keep him if the contract was right.
That's a big red flag, IMO....it's kinda like we didn't share Texas' opinion on Wades' market value.

i have a hard time believing we can come up with a contract to scare KC away...we have about the same cap room as they do....have they signed anybody yet?.....that would help, I guess...

Tait for the reason Tackles are slim in FA and he is teh best available. James is a monster run blocker and his pass blocking isnt bad and is improving. Coleman or another could also be signed. Yates may also be a player, he didnt look bad in the game he started. so sign Coleman, James and Tait and let Yates and Coleman battle it out.

Originally posted by inFINSible
That's a big red flag, IMO....it's kinda like we didn't share Texas' opinion on Wades' market value.

i have a hard time believing we can come up with a contract to scare KC away...we have about the same cap room as they do....have they signed anybody yet?.....that would help, I guess...

I think KC might also want OGUN. They might be waiting for us to make Tait an offer and then swoop in with an offer of their owm where we send OGUN to KC for Tait and a draft pick (not a first, but probably a second or third). What do you think about that theory????

Originally posted by unclemonty

I think KC might also want OGUN. They might be waiting for us to make Tait an offer and then swoop in with an offer of their owm where we send OGUN to KC for Tait and a draft pick (not a first, but probably a second or third). What do you think about that theory????

intresting scenario.

Originally posted by FireinCairo

intresting scenario.

Seattle just signed Wistrom. KC was considered a favorite to land him. This increases the chances of KC thinking about OGUN!!!

Originally posted by unclemonty

that sounds like a possibility....but, I would hope that they just drop the third rounder and not give up the first....KC really doesn't have much of a choice....they either resign tait and pay full price if they want to sign o-gun or they meet OUR demands for a trade...

I chose Tait and I'm not even a big Tait fan. The reason is that Ts are more valuable than Gs. It's the reason I argued earlier that you don't draft a G in the 1st round.

Back
Top Bottom