If you had to pick only two of three positions to address | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If you had to pick only two of three positions to address

DolphinVJ

Active Roster
Reaction score
- QB, WR, OL - what would you pick?

I would address the OL first because their importance is not only for passing game to improve but they are critical for Ricky and our running game as well.

Then I would address the QB position and if I had settle for a No. 2 receiver type, I would be okay with that.

QB - an new WR isn't much good if the QB can't hit him when he's open.

OL - no QB will have success without an upgrade here - and neither will Ricky.

#1 OL
#2 QB

but it depends on who they actually cut as opposed to who they should or are likely to cut, i.e. all these guys are supposed to get cut:
  • Fiedler
  • Griese
  • Perry
  • Ruddy
  • McKnight
  • Thompson

and Nails and Wade are UFA and Sage is a RFA

so basically we have to address all 3 position, but we can live w/our young WRs even without McK and DT as much as I want a great #2 WR

Originally posted by Rebar71
QB - an new WR isn't much good if the QB can't hit him when he's open.

OL - no QB will have success without an upgrade here - and neither will Ricky.

Very true....and on that same token, a new QB can't hit a WR that don't get separation (generally). I like WR because it can spread the field quite a bit more, leaving more inside options.

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

Very true....and on that same token, a new QB can't hit a WR that don't get separation (generally). I like WR because it can spread the field quite a bit more, leaving more inside options.

Ya know - I don't really buy that. Sure, it makes things easier, but I watch QBs hit seemingly covered receivers every Sunday. I'm not saying we don't need a new WR - cuz we do; but if the ball is put in the right spot - instead of, say, 2+ yards behind the receiver - it can't be defended.

Last edited by a moderator:
madisons lack of tackling is far down on the needs list. you guys all want sam out but have you ever stopped to consider he is still a top 10 corner and not having him there would only further expose our safetys... lets see how many pro-bowls marion makes with out sam there. Pat and sam are one of the leagues best duos and we cant focus our attention on getting a fa corner like woodson or bailey when we cant score points on a consistant baisis.

Originally posted by Stamos

Originally posted by fairbanksb
OL, WR and a CB who can tackle, because Madison can't.

WOOOHOOO finally someone who thinks like me.
and also cannot count: note title "If you had to pick only two of three positions to address"

do you want a CB who can hit more than a WR or OL

Originally posted by dolphan39
and also cannot count: note title "If you had to pick only two of three positions to address"

do you want a CB who can hit more than a WR or OL

It's much easier to teach(coach) a CB to tackle than it is to teach(coach) one to cover.

I've noticed poor tackling starting to trend into our "D" of late. Restructure Sam and get our DB coach off his ***. That would cure a lot of our ills.

1-OL in free agency
2-WR in the draft

3-QB in both free agency & draft.

Big Ol' OLs

1. Offensive line
2. Offensive line

I'd love to see what the current QB/WRs could do if only they had some decent O-linemen to buy some time.

That being said, if even with time the current QB/WRs continue to suck, then I'd like to change my two selections... :D

Back
Top Bottom