If you look closely at the bills from the last 3 years | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If you look closely at the bills from the last 3 years

finfan54

Active Roster
Reaction score
Marcellus wiley shows up with the Chargers and becomes a probowler. Parker the Tackle ends up with KC and becomes a probowler. The center(i forget his name) cant find a starting job with the bills so he goes to the giants and starts. Jamie nails loses his job cus he cant lose weight and comes to miami and loses the weight and is a probowler practically.Peerless Price was a probowler cut short and now is in atlanta. mcgahee gets picked and now their supposed probowler in travis henry that bills fans have been all the rage over is now considered to be traded next year. at least that is what i think he will do himself. he will ask to be traded. i would if i were him. The Bills have a revolving door and lots of picks every year, then they dish them off. that only makes it better for the rest of the NFL. that is part reason why wannspiel draft who they draft. they let the others draft high skill jobs and we come and take them four or five years later. better to draft linemen and defense and and get your core nucleus and spots that you need for your sceme.

That's not really a fair assessment. Many of those transactions occurred years ago. Glenn Parker? I think we cut in in 95!

Originally posted by Billsfan
That's not really a fair assessment. Many of those transactions occurred years ago. Glenn Parker? I think we cut in in 95!

and others i mentioned? the fact is that if you had marcellus wiley, you wouldnt still be looking for a stud DE. If you had kept peerless, you would still have one of the best offenses goin( i think the ratings of this offense is overrated now becuase of it). Now your next best stud is pissed off, and i dont care how anyone spins it, he is still pissed off. Now you have a RB controversy that will effect the players cus the question will always be there to be asked to the players. Henry will be gone eventually. so enjoy willis and his long long career with the bills!:lol:
and how much longer do you think drew can play at the level he played last year ?which still wasnt all that great in the end not to mention he looked horrible in the probowl. trust me, peerless being gone will cuase probs for drew. However many INT's drew had last year he will throw five more! bank on it.

He forgot to metion that a lot of them were salary cap victims. He also forgot to mention the ones we kept, Moulds, Brown,etc. He didn't mention the FA's we got, Spikes, Fletcher, Adams,etc. Selective memory just so that he can throw in his smack. The bills were rebuilding and obviosly you lose players in the process due to cap problems.

As for Price, fin54 doesn't realize there isn't a team out there that pays 2 wr's the same amount we pay Moulds so we let Price go. In exchange we hired better defensive players.

As for your Drew comments, he's better than any qb's you have. RB controversy? Have you been calling Ms. Cleo as well? Any opinion you have about the future is smack. No facts.

This is why fin54 is not a GM in the league. He doesn't have a clue.

Originally posted by justafan
He forgot to metion that a lot of them were salary cap victims. He also forgot to mention the ones we kept, Moulds, Brown,etc. He didn't mention the FA's we got, Spikes, Fletcher, Adams,etc. Selective memory just so that he can throw in his smack. The bills were rebuilding and obviosly you lose players in the process due to cap problems.

As for Price, fin54 doesn't realize there isn't a team out there that pays 2 wr's the same amount we pay Moulds so we let Price go. In exchange we hired better defensive players.

As for your Drew comments, he's better than any qb's you have. RB controversy? Have you been calling Ms. Cleo as well? Any opinion you have about the future is smack. No facts.

great post justafan

Originally posted by justafan

wrong! you signed peerless to a contract that he agreed to. then u traded him. for what? a serious ? at a position of no need. as for marcellus, if you really wanted to keep him, you could have let some others go that werent that good. u try to keep your best guys and he was still young. ill give you that that was partly the phillips regime, but still, you had people running the show in fozzy bear and TD (the greatest all time GM ever):lol:

and another thing, travis henry will be gone in all likelyhood becuase of what TD did three days ago. so there is another guy who was good-great that ends up somewhere else. then you start all over again. it just seems to be the M.O of this team now.
and drew is not that great a QB. he has a hell of an arm and can throw the ball well when it is by design, but he cannot read a changing defense, and he does throw INT's as the season goes on. He has always seemingly been great out of the gates, then second half, he slips. Parsells was the only guy that kept him from slipping. I dont think gregg "fozzy bear"williams is anywheres close to parsells in the discipline dept.

this is why drew, being smart, wants a running game galore. he knows he is getting older and needs to have a running game in order for him to succeed. pretty soon, drew will no longer be a top 5 guy, maybe not even a top 10 this year due to peerless.

Originally posted by fabolouspaul

great post justafan

great cheerleading fabolouspaul!:lol: is that suppose to be fabulouspaul?

Originally posted by finfan54

wrong! you signed peerless to a contract that he agreed to. then u traded him. for what? a serious ? at a position of no need. as for marcellus, if you really wanted to keep him, you could have let some others go that werent that good. u try to keep your best guys and he was still young. ill give you that that was partly the phillips regime, but still, you had people running the show in fozzy bear and TD (the greatest all time GM ever):lol:

What did he sign? Once again clueless. We tagged him and then traded him. Hellooooo! :lol:

Do you know anything about the bills cap back then? Did you know that when we let Willey go we were still 20 million over the cap and he signed for a huge contract with the Chargers?

Check you facts please. Guessing is not good for discussions.

I understand some teams get into a salary cap situation, but if you look at it the bills are always in a position to get those players, and WOW!! They are in a position to where they have the players but then have to decide which players to pay to get under the cap!! Is this a good thing or bad thing. The dolphins have been in a situation over the past few years that they do not have 1st round picks and don't have to pay out these big contracts. So they fills needs in the draft( cheap!!) and address the real needs with productive players in free agency! I think this is the way to do things in today's NFL!!!

and another thing, travis henry will be gone in all likelyhood becuase of what TD did three days ago. so there is another guy who was good-great that ends up somewhere else. then you start all over again. it just seems to be the M.O of this team now.
and drew is not that great a QB. he has a hell of an arm and can throw the ball well when it is by design, but he cannot read a changing defense, and he does throw INT's as the season goes on. He has always seemingly been great out of the gates, then second half, he slips. Parsells was the only guy that kept him from slipping. I dont think gregg "fozzy bear"williams is anywheres close to parsells in the discipline dept.

this is why drew, being smart, wants a running game galore. he knows he is getting older and needs to have a running game in order for him to succeed. pretty soon, drew will no longer be a top 5 guy, maybe not even a top 10 this year due to peerless.

A few things, is there alink somewhere that Henry will definitely be traded? I bet you are once again guessing.

As for Drew, who cares what you opinion is of him. I never said he is a great qb, but he's better than Fiedler.

"Pretty soon Drew will no longer ...blah, blah ...."

Stop all the guesses will ya and show me some facts.

John Butler found Wiley a home before hge passed... class man .

Has anyone looked at the cap hit that Wiley takes over there in SD?

He was cut when the Bills were rebuilding. And now he's overpaid.

Marcellus wiley shows up with the Chargers and becomes a probowler. Parker the Tackle ends up with KC and becomes a probowler. The center(i forget his name) cant find a starting job with the bills so he goes to the giants and starts. Jamie nails loses his job cus he cant lose weight and comes to miami and loses the weight and is a probowler practically.Peerless Price was a probowler cut short and now is in atlanta. mcgahee gets picked and now their supposed probowler in travis henry that bills fans have been all the rage over is now considered to be traded next year. at least that is what i think he will do himself. he will ask to be traded. i would if i were him. The Bills have a revolving door and lots of picks every year, then they dish them off. that only makes it better for the rest of the NFL. that is part reason why wannspiel draft who they draft. they let the others draft high skill jobs and we come and take them four or five years later. better to draft linemen and defense and and get your core nucleus and spots that you need for your sceme.

Ever notice that the bills have just went through major rebiulding to include losing almost all of their prime talent, general manager, etc, etc,?

I think the best thing would be to focus on the current bills and the bills of the future....they include a pro bowl big 3 in Bledsoe, Moulds, and Henry and a much much improved defense.

This is a team on the rise....the days that you speak of are behind us.....

Back
Top Bottom