If you think the Offense is the problem... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If you think the Offense is the problem...

NYPhinFan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I think we are looking at the wrong side of the ball...I have said from the beginning that we need to change our scheme on the def side...we are way to easy to read...and it takes perfect football for us to have a good game. The problems with this team reside on the defense. We have alot of talent but it always falls apart at the biggest part of the game...starting to think that is a major reason for our annual collapse in Dec. I would much rather have a consistent def than one who shuts an oppenent out one week and gives up 40pts the next. Our offense made some big strides this year...and granted we have a way to go...but there were games we moved the ball and scored some points and we still lost. Unless we change the way we play defense...things will never change...and I am afraid we will stick to the same gameplan that has hauntes us for years...lets play it close...and hope in the 4th qrtr we make a play....that will be on the tombstone of this dolphin team for the past 5 years.

My sentiments exactly. If your D couldn't stop Henry at Miami and can't stop anyone in the cold, I say change your D.

Wait a minute, who's side am I on anyway, forget what I just said.

Let me correct that, Trade Ricky Williams for a punt returner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by justafan
My sentiments excactly. If your D couldn't stop Henry at Miami and can't stop anyone in the cold, I say change your D.

Wait a minute, who's side am I on anyway, forget what I just said.

Let me correct that, Trade Ricky Williams for a punt returner.
what do you mean, we can't stop anybody! check the stats of the #1 offense in the raider game. can you say shutdown????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
I think Jason Taylor is the root of all problems......trade him!! :lol:

Sure. We will trade him to Buffalo for a first rounder after he's battered and bruised and got one, maybe 2 solid years left in him.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
Sure. We will trade him to Buffalo for a first rounder after he's battered and bruised and got one, maybe 2 solid years left in him.
nope, i'd wait until his run is done!:D

Originally posted by dolfan06
what do you mean, we can't stop anybody! check the stats of the #1 offense in the raider game. can you say shutdown????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

Well that's just it. Your hot house flower girl defense is all or nothing.

Originally posted by NYPhinFan
I think we are looking at the wrong side of the ball...I have said from the beginning that we need to change our scheme on the def side...we are way to easy to read...and it takes perfect football for us to have a good game. The problems with this team reside on the defense. We have alot of talent but it always falls apart at the biggest part of the game...starting to think that is a major reason for our annual collapse in Dec. I would much rather have a consistent def than one who shuts an oppenent out one week and gives up 40pts the next. Our offense made some big strides this year...and granted we have a way to go...but there were games we moved the ball and scored some points and we still lost. Unless we change the way we play defense...things will never change...and I am afraid we will stick to the same gameplan that has hauntes us for years...lets play it close...and hope in the 4th qrtr we make a play....that will be on the tombstone of this dolphin team for the past 5 years.

I know how you feel NYPhinFan. Check out my thread "Our Linebackers".

this teams' #1 weakness is passing the football. And playoff teams in the NFL this year were all about passing the football or having a QB who can run w/it.

We need to upgrade our WRs, get a decent backup QB who can come in like a Bulger or Holcomb and create a legitimate QB contraversy if Jay goes out. Not one based on pre-season of 3 year old performance. And we need to consistently pass to the backs and TE. To me the passing game went as McMichael wen this year: as in, if the WRs were not open Konrad or McMichael were. JMO

Re: Re: If you think the Offense is the problem...

Originally posted by dolphan39
this teams' #1 weakness is passing the football. And playoff teams in the NFL this year were all about passing the football or having a QB who can run w/it.

We need to upgrade our WRs, get a decent backup QB who can come in like a Bulger or Holcomb and create a legitimate QB contraversy if Jay goes out. Not one based on pre-season of 3 year old performance. And we need to consistently pass to the backs and TE. To me the passing game went as McMichael wen this year: as in, if the WRs were not open Konrad or McMichael were. JMO

Just let me say I love your avatar. I know Kuch personally, and he's a great guy....He even let me hold his 1972 undefeated season Super Bowl ring when he came in to see me at work one day....THAT WAS AWESOME!!!

He certainly deserves to get into the HOF. I hope he gets there this year!!!

Now, in response to your post, I think the "back-up QB position" needs upgrading. J. Fiedler didn't get a chance to prove himself this season following injury, and I saw some very promising things when he was healthy. I'd stick with Jay for one more season.....

I love what I saw from Browns back-up QB K. Holcomb. This kid is going to be starting somewhere very soon. I couldn't believe that after watching former back-ups like T. Maddox, K. Holcomb, M. Bulger, and C. Pennington rip defenses apart, that here we are with a bum like R. Lucas blowing the season for us....

These teams played very good with their back-ups, while we fell apart. The QB situation was a part of why we ended up missing the playoffs IMO....

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

Blitz - that's great about Keuch - him and Ed Newman are my 2 favorite Phin OL of all-time :D

I just meant that our backup QB should be able to come in and play well enough that there is some sort of QB contraversy. I mean look at NE 2001 and St L 2002. They got a contraversy ag. Bledsoe and Warner - so why should having a contraversy w/Jay be so far fetched :confused:

AMEN 39, it's refreshing to see another fan point out the obvious: our weakest link is the PASSING GAME!!

Back
Top Bottom