If you were owner. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If you were owner.

Suggesting that the team bring in Brunell but keep Griese instead of Fiedler is just crazy. We'd have the same problem we have now -- a starter and a backup with different skill sets, compromising the backup's ability to be effective when he has to play.

If Brunell comes in, we have to try to keep Fiedler. They're both mobile. If you want to keep Griese, the team has to bring in somebody like Couch.

Originally posted by MacAttack

5. Fire Fiedler. Hold Griese, Get Brunell (Jacksonville). Brunnell as the starter.

see, finsgotoguy, this is the type of negative BS i was talking about in the other thread...hello, the guy just saved our season not 2 days ago. can we cut him just a teenie bit of slack?

Re: Re: If you were owner.

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP

see, finsgotoguy, this is the type of negative BS i was talking about in the other thread...hello, the guy just saved our season not 2 days ago. can we cut him just a teenie bit of slack?

I agree with you Fiedler_For_MVP.

The attitude I dislike is those you say Fiedler is a bastard and those we say that he's a god.

I guess my point is that if we can upgrade a position we should do it. If not support the guys we have.

But we have to respect everyone opinions...

And that doesn't make them Fiedler haters either.

Now if they're saying that Fiedler is an ***hole or that they make fun of his ears you can say whatever you want about them.
;)

^i agree, i've been on the "tim couch to miami" bandwagon since the offseason...even Fiedler for MVP knows that teams wanting to be in contention should ALWAYS upgrade whenever possible ;)

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP
^i agree, i've been on the "tim couch to miami" bandwagon since the offseason...even Fiedler for MVP knows that teams wanting to be in contention should ALWAYS upgrade whenever possible ;)

Couch_for_MVP wouldn't sound that bad.
:lol:

deep down, i was kinda hoping that volek could blow the doors off tennessee's offense while he plays, then i could change my username to McNair for MVP :lol: probably not gonna happen though ;)

This is what I would do as owner, if given the reigns..say..right now.

I would keep everything the same as of right now. Wannstedt would stay in control. He's got a buffer of two games. He can lose two, but the third game, be it playoffs or regular season, he is fired. If he loses one game, and the second game is before the AFC Championship game, he's fired.

If Wannstedt is fired in the regular season. - Almost the entire coaching staff is fired and replaced temperarily by their underlings or assistants. I would take over as head coach.

I would hold a meeting with the starters and other key guys I would want to keep and tell them that they can take the rest of the season off. They dont have to play if they dont want to. If they want to continue to play because they enjoy it, or want to reach contract incentives, fine. I would make it clear that this was not some sort of trick to judge how much they wanted to play.

For the people who chose to sit, I'd replace them with backups. They are hungry, and they need experience. Let them get experience. As temp. head coach, I would try to make the remainer of the games entertaining to the fans by playing high risk football. Long bombs, blitzes, little used football schemes(Single wing, 46 D, etc), would see plenty of use.

I would put Rick Spielman in complete control of personnel decisions. I would interview a bunch of coaching canidates, and use input from Spielman to decide on my coach. I'd lean towards current coordinators with no Pro Head coaching experience. I'd also avoid coaches straight from College. The head coach would be allowed to fill his own vacancies as far as OC, DC, etc.

I would not be a Jerry Jones/Al Davis /Little Danny Synder type of owner, but I would become involved. I would not loom over the staff and players like a plastic-surgeried Grim Reaper, but I would be involved in day to day activities. I would expect to have input in the coaching staff, but the coaches and staff have the final say.

As for the stadium/media, I wouldnt change a whole lot. I'd fire whoever that bonehead is who runs the bigscreen, though.

I'd try to replace the music, voices, events, etc., with some that have a more harder edge. You wouldnt see as many events where TD runs around and acts like a moron, or little kids running all over the field. I hate little kids.

Back
Top Bottom