IFF we draft Jay Cutler does he start right away? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

IFF we draft Jay Cutler does he start right away?

Wallace758

Just one superbowl win just one
Reaction score
I just got sporting news war room...which is the deal of the century....60 issues of TSN magazine and a war room subscription for a year for 39.99...can't beat that...They have us selecting Cutler with the 16th pick. My question to fin fans is do you want cutler starting next year? Heres my viewpoint start Frerotte or a veteran..if the vet struggles or gets hurt put in cutler and see what he can do...Hey it worked for the steelers right? Wat you guys think..By the way this team has all the potential in the world to be unbeatable in 2-3 years.. I see 10-11 wins next year..Later

What the Steelers did with Big Ben is extremly rare, I serously doubt any rookie qb we might draft gets any real playing time unless we are down to the last sever games of the season and have been eliminated from the playoffs...... In other words I dont think any rookie qb will play any serious time at all. :wink:

NO....if we get him he will get lots of reps in practice to learn the system and come in to mop up for Gus when we are blowing teams out :D....then in 2007 he starts.

Miami is getting intense publicity now...Sportsline ranks them as the 8th best team in the league...Very Impressive...Personally I don't care who they have at qb...this team is going to make noise next year....

Wallace758 said:
I just got sporting news war room...which is the deal of the century....60 issues of TSN magazine and a war room subscription for a year for 39.99...can't beat that...They have us selecting Cutler with the 16th pick. My question to fin fans is do you want cutler starting next year? Heres my viewpoint start Frerotte or a veteran..if the vet struggles or gets hurt put in cutler and see what he can do...Hey it worked for the steelers right? Wat you guys think..By the way this team has all the potential in the world to be unbeatable in 2-3 years.. I see 10-11 wins next year..Later

I hate to say it, but its not a steal. I have war room as well.......sucks. I paid 39.99 for the 60 issues, love the magazine. But here is what sucks. You can get 60 issues of sporting news through a direct distributor on Ebay for about 5-9 dollars. Luckily I found out about ebays magazine services before I made any more purchases. Now I have 11 subscriptions which not including sporting news, cost me a combined price of about 20 bucks.

No way in hell cutler starts. I would rather get Michael Huff or Winston Justice. I think Omar Jacobs will be a real solid qb, and hell be available in the second round. I just think Cutler sounds an awful lot like Alex Smith did last year. Not to mention, as much as some of you hate to realize it, Lemon is exactly what Mike Mularkey would want at qb. Hes got that Kordell Stuart scramble, strong arm, great accuracy, and Shottenheimer called him an extremely intelligent quarterback. I wouldnt call him a Bledsoe-like passer, but hes got more upside than Frerotte, and hes already on the roster. Before anyone bashes him, why dont we just wait and see how he does in preseason. I know some of you strongly feel like he wont be anything, but im telling you, I live in San Diego and I got to see him first hand a couple times. He really looks like he could be something special. Hes already worked his way up, he went undrafted and went through every step imaginable to get here. Saban wouldnt give up a 6th round pick for a 3rd string qb when his draftpicks are so important to him. Im telling you , from one dolfan to another, there is no reason why some of you hate the guy so much. I dont understand it. You should have seen how upset everyone here in San Diego was when they traded him. He was a fan favorite. Right up to the point he got traded people used to talk about wanting brees to get hurt and Rivers traded so Lemon could get a chance at starting. No BS. Alot of people still talk about the trade, upset about it. thats why I dont understand why some of you talk so bad about him. If hes only a 3rd string qb like some of you say, then what has he done so bad that you dont even like him as your 3rd string qb. It makes no sense.

LoneWulF said:
No way in hell cutler starts. I would rather get Michael Huff or Winston Justice. I think Omar Jacobs will be a real solid qb, and hell be available in the second round. I just think Cutler sounds an awful lot like Alex Smith did last year. Not to mention, as much as some of you hate to realize it, Lemon is exactly what Mike Mularkey would want at qb. Hes got that Kordell Stuart scramble, strong arm, great accuracy, and Shottenheimer called him an extremely intelligent quarterback. I wouldnt call him a Bledsoe-like passer, but hes got more upside than Frerotte, and hes already on the roster. Before anyone bashes him, why dont we just wait and see how he does in preseason. I know some of you strongly feel like he wont be anything, but im telling you, I live in San Diego and I got to see him first hand a couple times. He really looks like he could be something special. Hes already worked his way up, he went undrafted and went through every step imaginable to get here. Saban wouldnt give up a 6th round pick for a 3rd string qb when his draftpicks are so important to him. Im telling you , from one dolfan to another, there is no reason why some of you hate the guy so much. I dont understand it. You should have seen how upset everyone here in San Diego was when they traded him. He was a fan favorite. Right up to the point he got traded people used to talk about wanting brees to get hurt and Rivers traded so Lemon could get a chance at starting. No BS. Alot of people still talk about the trade, upset about it. thats why I dont understand why some of you talk so bad about him. If hes only a 3rd string qb like some of you say, then what has he done so bad that you dont even like him as your 3rd string qb. It makes no sense.

So let me get this straight. After Brees's amazing season and comeback the fans of SD wanted him to get hurt and Rivers traded so Lemon can play? Wow some fans.

In all seriousness though, as of now Saban has indicated that Lemon will have no legitimate shot as the #1 or #2. So IMO, it is safe to say that, atleast in Saban's eyes, Lemon has shown nothing worth talking about.

But I am a firm believer you will never know till you play the kid. Brady was NEVER supposed to be a starter.

Best player plays. If Frerotte out plays him in camp then he plays. If Cutler were to play better than Frerotte, then he would and should start.

Wallace758 said:
you all agree about drafting cutler though right?

Everyone except Nick Saban. Seriously though, People on this board shouldnt get so worked up for this only to have your heart drop come draft day. I see it coming like nobody's business.

Miamifin23 said:
Best player plays. If Frerotte out plays him in camp then he plays. If Cutler were to play better than Frerotte, then he would and should start.

The problem with that is that peoples perceptions of what is better is way off sometimes. Its all perception and expectation with cutler as opposed to Gus bashing, I think any idiot could understand that Cutler would be voted for to start from the get go no matter what NS thinks.

Back
Top Bottom