I'll bet a sack of potatoes.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'll bet a sack of potatoes....

Ben will go 2nd day. I would love to get him. The Center from North Carolina is pretty good as well.

If Blackstock isn't there, Elton Brown in the 3rd.
If McPhearson (sigh, I'm not buying it but if Saban thinks he has potential, I'll bite), then Wilkerson, or Charlie Frye.

ben will not get drafted today and then we grab him with the second pick of tomorrow.

Also, how about my boy Eric Green??

Al13 said:
if blackstock is there at #70 would we take him ?

The Browns would probably take him at #67. He probably isn't going to fall out of the second-round, though.

ZOD said:
(Gulp) I like Blackstock. I just the size is killing the smaller linebackers this year in the draft. Too many teams have interest in the 34 defense to be drafting 245 linebackers.

That's sick isn't it?
245 is good size for a 3-4 LB. Joey Porter is 250 and Jason Taylor is 245, those guys have been very successful.

Elton Brown acted very strange at the combine and has free fallen since. Immense talent but questionable character.

Wilkerson was injured and has not been able to really work out , so he could fall to the top of round 4.

With about a dozen selections till Miami picks at 70 , there is a pretty big list of value /need players left.

I am interested to see whether a QB attracts any interest here. I would be beaming if McPherson was Miami's pick , but Andrew Walter or David Greene would also be good choices. There also is some intrigue at WR and LB still.... we will get yet another productive player with upside and value. I still think we will move down once on day one , so this is the only chance left. Once again I think Saban will either think a remaining player is just too good to pass at 70 or if he sees depth he could drop down in the third for say a 2nd 4th tomorrow.

I like round 4 choices. Teams get to reevaluate where they are , who is left , who slipped , where value may be.... if you have a couple higher 4's you can demand a hefty price in a trade , because teams get excited after the chance to go over day one.

The thing with Elton Brown, first walking out at Senior Bowl week after weigh-in, with no explanation, then not working out at the combine, indicates to me that his desire and character are somewhat questionable to say the least and not someone I would want to draft before round 7. He looks like another Darnell Alford to me.
Wilkerson, everyone needs to realize, had back surgery just two years ago, not to mention his patella tendon tear last season. The thing with discs, even though they may get trimmed, it is not necessarily a permanent cure to the problem. Will his back hold up to the rigors and pounding involved in NFL trench wars? Why not take a big strong high character guy like Jason Brown who is not damaged goods, if you want a center?

Top of round 4, I would like to see either Hawthorne if we go DT, Sean Considine if we go safety, getting another fine player from that Iowa defense, if we go center, then Jason Brown, if we go for a guard, then Chris Kemoeatu of Utah. If it is a WR, then go Jerome Mathis.

MrClean said:
The thing with Elton Brown, first walking out at Senior Bowl week after weigh-in, with no explanation, then not working out at the combine, indicates to me that his desire and character are somewhat questionable to say the least and not someone I would want to draft before round 7. He looks like another Darnell Alford to me.
Wilkerson, everyone needs to realize, had back surgery just two years ago, not to mention his patella tendon tear last season. The thing with discs, even though they may get trimmed, it is not necessarily a permanent cure to the problem. Will his back hold up to the rigors and pounding involved in NFL trench wars? Why not take a big strong high character guy like Jason Brown who is not damaged goods, if you want a center?

Top of round 4, I would like to see either Hawthorne if we go DT, Sean Considine if we go safety, getting another fine player from that Iowa defense, if we go center, then Jason Brown, if we go for a guard, then Chris Kemoeatu of Utah. If it is a WR, then go Jerome Mathis.

thanks for the insight

Back
Top Bottom