"I'll see you after today`s practice" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"I'll see you after today`s practice"

Pink_Dove

Animus facit nobilem
Reaction score
Maybe Muck is a Dolphin player...
One thing`s for sure, our Fins certainly read too many clipboards and newspapers before the game...
How many Dolphins read our picks ?
52-0, 47-10 etc...JT sack total, RW's rushing yards, JF passing yards..our supposed total dominance...
All in all it seems all that SB talk has gotten to most player heads and they paid for it today...
I found this quote interesting:
One of their players said : " I'll see you after today`s practice" Houston`s Jabbar Gaffney said. " That was their thinking--- They were looking at us like this was just a little practice "

Indeed...The Phins came out trotting around...waiting to be crowned AFC champions...
The Texans were an afterthought...
Wanny thought it was time to experiment with the deep ball...We'll show the fans...We'll put on a show...The OLine and the DLine took the day off..No time to get dirty...
Ironically it seemed as if the only bright spot was the one who struggled in TC: Chris Chambers.
Way to go Chris you made us look like fools...Peanut must be smiling also...You realized that preseason was over and that it was gametime...
As for the rest of you Fins, you`ve got a big date next week in NYC and if you can`t get up or motivated for that game well...then Wanny's gonna have to pay for it...
Wanny is going to have to bring out a heck of a speech and motivate the troops...Also a better gameplan would help...Hint Hint...Give it to Ricky and stop fantasizing about the deep ball...
I'm as discouraged as most dolfans tonight but we must also realize that this is only the first game...I'd rather have a wake-up call now...
It'll be interesting to see how these guys bounce back...because essentially that`s what will determine if we do something this season...They couldnt bounce back late last season well now they`ve got a new challenge..

Man, I really hate hearing that. Ticks me off. I'd love to know which player said that to Gaffney. $10 says it's a young guy. But then again, who knows.

There is now way Muck is a Dolphins player past or present. Especially with his defeatist attitude. Sorry that’s all I read from the above post.

Hey Pink, Do you want a coaching job. You are absolutely right.
The coaches game planned against a team who had 12 losses.
They game planned against a team that should have had 11 wins.
Some of our fans were talking about the Jets game three days ago. I imagine some of our players were doing the same thing.
I wonder how many of us will be predicting 34-0 scores, 160 yds rushing and 5 sacks, again this week?

Originally posted by Wdolfan
There is now way Muck is a Dolphins player past or present. Especially with his defeatist attitude. Sorry that’s all I read from the above post.

:D :D :D Defeatist attitude!!! Hey I think their is someone else using your name to start other threads...

I read a post earlier that said we need to get rid of everyone and start from scratch....I agree we cant win games we are supposed to win period, I dont care if it's December or september we just never seem to get it done. I've been reading relax it's just the first game, or relax it's only preseason, we stink! I cant put my finger on it but we did not lose this game today because half our team went out with injury we simply were not fired up Dave is a dud nothing there.

Our team comes out like they are doing their laundry or cleaning out the garage......no excitement. We looked flat, bored, and not having fun.
From what I could tell no gameplan, just improvising. I have said this before Dave is not a good head coach he does not prepare his team for battle. WE SHOULD NOT HAVE LOST THIS GAME..............!

All the hype this off season and we lose to the Texans. How does that happen? Another game with a lead lost nothing has changed but the personell. We have already tied our loss record at home last season with just one game. I thought as the weeks went by this off season we were looking unstopable it was nothing more then blind faith.
I feel like I should go to all the sites that I talked smack on and apologize to teams for shoving our team down their throats I am ashamed to be a fin fan at this point. We have nothing to look forward to but more gut wrenching loses, until Dave carrys his sorry @$$ somewhere else. If you are a fan of this team and dont unerstand my discontent I apologize to you, but my feelings come from 20 years of heartbreak and loss and I'm sick to death of it. All the words in the world will not bring me back to DAVE ever. I know I should not say this... But I hate this coaching staff! They are worst in the league IMO.:shakeno:

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, Muck, I'll take the opposite side of that bet. I say it was one of our team "leaders" like Zach Thomas or Jason Taylor or one of the other veterans on the defense. That's their style.

The only thing that could make me angrier than the game itself was reading that quote. This team talks a lot more trash and showboats much more than their performance entitles them. This team missed the playoffs last year, but judging from their pre-game and on-field demeanor, you'd think they went 19-0.

Memo to locker room: Instead of flapping your arms and your gums, take that energy and put it into your play!

Smack like that is indicative of a poorly-disciplined team. We need someone to come in and crack down on these candy-fart primadonnas.

Originally posted by RikWriter
Smack like that is indicative of a poorly-disciplined team. We need someone to come in and crack down on these candy-fart primadonnas.
you needn't worry, rest assured that whomever it was, they will never open their mouths again;)

Man Jimmy Johnson wouldn't have stood for this. The players back then wouldn't have even thought of making a statement like that. Now we have players smacking their opponents in the head causing 15 yards to be tacked on. He have undisciplined guys getting penalized seemingly every play.

Originally posted by RikWriter

That is exactly how I feel.

Originally posted by Samphin
Man Jimmy Johnson wouldn't have stood for this. The players back then wouldn't have even thought of making a statement like that. Now we have players smacking their opponents in the head causing 15 yards to be tacked on. He have undisciplined guys getting penalized seemingly every play.

What, Jimmy may have said it himself..:lol:

And the loser of the week is...

JAY WILLIAMS.

Gosh. That guy needs to be fined or needs to lose his spot in the defensive rotation. The unfortunate thing is that I am sure that it runs WAY deeper than just Jay Williams. Put in Otis Grigsby or something. You know Otis is so hungry he won't leave anything on the field. Its not so much about WHO said it because you know what I really didn't see Jay Williams taking plays. I saw him get pressure a few times. Its about an attitude that obviously ran rampant in the locker room prior to this game.

No more cutesy mouse traps or lobster traps sitting in the middle of the frickin locker room in an attempt to remind these guys to be serious. After two full weeks of preparation specifically for the Houston Texans, they should have been prepared.

Dave Wannstedt needs to make this week of practice a living he|| on the players. Push them to their limits.

You know what we saw signs of this prior to the game when they were talking about trying to get Corey Jenkins ready for being the emergency 3rd QB. Nobody would come out with him to practice, everyone immediately rushed to the locker room to get out of there before getting stuck with the duty. Wanny had to verbally abuse some people to get them out there. Truth is, I think these guys couldn't wait to travel up to New York and play the Jets.

Then again, without Pennington and with how the Jets looked Thursday night, maybe they were already looking ahead to Week 3.

I won't cry for Sammy Knight, Randy McMichael, Donald Lee, Todd Perry, Jamie Nails, Jay Williams, Mark Royals, Charlie Rogers, or Morlon Greenwood if I wake up tomorrow and find out they've been replaced by someone else in the lineup.

Back
Top Bottom