Im Digging Our Moves So Far In Fa | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Im Digging Our Moves So Far In Fa

I would like to see the QB situation cleared up but I wasn't expecting it to be until the Draft anyway so I can wait until then to chastise them for holding on to T-hill. My biggest concern with this situation is we need to have an O.L. in place for our future QB or just like (and our) Luck he will be killed and on IR before his potential can possibly be reached.

I would like to see the QB situation cleared up but I wasn't expecting it to be until the Draft anyway so I can wait until then to chastise them for holding on to T-hill. My biggest concern with this situation is we need to have an O.L. in place for our future QB or just like (and our) Luck he will be killed and on IR before his potential can possibly be reached.
That's why this coming draft has to be about the O-line and D-line. A great draft would be to come out of this with two starting guys on each line.

That's why this coming draft has to be about the O-line and D-line. A great draft would be to come out of this with two starting guys on each line.

I disagree Danny, if we haven't done anything to sort out our QB situation in 2019 we absolutely need a high draft pick in 2020. Strengthening those two position groups only helps us win more games whoever is under center in 2019. That's why for me putting off fixing the QB problem for future drafts is something I have a hard time visualising how to achieve. They've some how got to come out of the 2019 offseason improving the squad but at the same time not likely to win more games and likely to win less. I don't know how that can be achieved. I believe it's got to be a case of fixing the QB then start building around him, it's the only way that seems to make sense to me.

I disagree Danny, if we haven't done anything to sort out our QB situation in 2019 we absolutely need a high draft pick in 2020. Strengthening those two position groups only helps us win more games whoever is under center in 2019. That's why for me putting off fixing the QB problem for future drafts is something I have a hard time visualising how to achieve. They've some how got to come out of the 2019 offseason improving the squad but at the same time not likely to win more games and likely to win less. I don't know how that can be achieved. I believe it's got to be a case of fixing the QB then start building around him, it's the only way that seems to make sense to me.
Well, think about it this way. It takes time for the O-line to gel. Specially if you have two rookies starting so even if we add two starting O-line guys this year we can't expect that line to be hitting in all cylinders right off the gate. Add the fact that whoever starts at QB this year won't be very good and believe me, we're gonna lose plenty of games.

As far as defense, we still don't have a #2 Corner and we don't have much at DE so even if we get two starters on that D-line we'll still gonna have a couple of holes. This is if we don't have many injuries like we did last year. You draft a QB now with not much help and you're gonna get him killed out there and his confidence will go down in a hurry.

With the rules in place to protect QBs, an elusive QB such as Murray for example should be in no danger of losing his life behind a OLine, which already includes a stud at LT and I have a hard time believing can't be patched up to offer adequate protection through some sensible off season moves.

This whole Miami's OLine will get someone killed is over dramatic nonsense tbh, look around the NFL and bad oline play is not confined to Miami and serious injuries at the QB position are not common events and are not mutually exclusive to teams with bad olines.

Look at Rosen last year, one of his knocks was that he was an injury risk, he had to start behind a woeful line, did he die or sustain any serious damage ? He took abuse but this is part of the job and they have to have something about them to protect themselves and be able to handle some pressure.

This fan base has become so conditioned to expecting perfect line play because the current incumbent simply can't function without it, has no awareness or skillset for self preservation. Having a deer caught in the headlights is not the standard we should expect under center. We have to understand that line play is far from perfect the majority of time even on good/great teams and that there is an onus on the QB to mitigate against the weakness of the team, through pre and post snap reads and decision making.

On the other side of the ball, no doubt we need to fill a few holes but we need to prioritise the QB over these because if we somehow get to a great D, we will still be no nearer to a superbowl with a gguy like Tannehill still throwing the ball on the other side.

With the rules in place to protect QBs, an elusive QB such as Murray for example should be in no danger of losing his life behind a OLine, which already includes a stud at LT and I have a hard time believing can't be patched up to offer adequate protection through some sensible off season moves.

Using Murray per your reply, this implies you are willing to risk our future franchise QB, which will likely cost us all our our high value draft picks for the next 2 to 3 drafts, on the hope that he's fast and elusive enough to avoid getting murdered let alone tackled over a period of 32 games? That only makes sense if you believe he's a once in a generational talent or you don't believe there are near equal talents available over those 2 to 3 years you would have no to low draft capital, and you are ok with being bad for 5 to 7 years if you are wrong on any of the bets -- that he's that once in a generation talent, he won't get hurt, and he won't f**k up his game by spending 2 years on the run -- because without those draft picks, the rest of our team gets better very, very slowly.

Parker is that where signing I can't figure out. I'm only reminded of Stills saying the receivers were open but they weren't getting the ball. I just wonder what was on tape with Parker that convinced them. Can't say they will be to thrilled when he is injured

That is exactly the problem, when he is 100% healthy he is a warrior, you throw the ball his was, even miss by a little, he will make you look like a star, but the moment he feels even his pinky nail hurting slightly, his speed drastically diminishes...the slightly off pass you threw his way, will end up an incompletion, because he will not make that extra effort.

I never want to call out any NfL player, effort or talent wise, considering I could never know nough or feel what they go through each week, but considering the enormous amount of talent he has, if he is going to allow injuries to dictate how he performs each week, he is never going to finish a season, or do very well considering even the healthiest starter will have aches and pains.

One big move today has certainly improve my thoughts on how thing are going. Heading in the right direction. People need to get on board though with what they are doing and realise 2019 aint gonna be pretty.

Back
Top Bottom