I'm Disappointed About Only One Thing This Offseason... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm Disappointed About Only One Thing This Offseason...

phinfan2003 said:
Greenwood definitely improved after his 1st 2 seasons and he became a solid LB. I just think Greenwood overpriced himself and he doesn't have the size that Saban likes so there was no need to spend the money on a guy who doesn't fit what you're trying to do. I wish him the best in Houston.

And what's ironic is that the tExans plan to use him in Fangio's 3-4 scheme. I think he'll be playing ILB next to Kailee Wong who is 6"2' 246LBs and Greenwood is 6"0' 238LBs. With Jason Babin (6"2' 259LBs) and Antwan Peek (6"3' 238LBs playing the outside after Wong couldn't provide a good, consistent pass-rush from the outside. But the replacement of Jamie Sharper and Jay Foreman with Greenwood and Wong inside is not quite such a change in size. I think the Texans just wanted to get younger and faster inside.

Nublar7 said:
I'm Disappointed About Only One Thing This Offseason...

But you have to admit, it's been a much better off-season than last years right? :D

I, like the others, don't sweat losing Greenwood at all for reasons already stated. Factor in our new coaching staff, killer draft and getting our cap in order and this offseason on a scale from 1-10 is a 10 while last year's was in negative numbers. :)

The only thing I'm disappointed with is the loss of Surtain. But that move was needed so I can't complain.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Channing Crowder is going to make you forget all about Morlon Greenwood.

Yeah, I like our new #52 better! He's more versatile and can play in the 4-3 or 3-4 at any LB position. I know he hasn't played a down for us yet but I think he'll take over Zach within the next 2 years. And has much more upside than Morlon ever had. PFW says he has Pro-Bowl potential, something I think Morlon never had.

phinfan2003 said:
Greenwood definitely improved after his 1st 2 seasons and he became a solid LB. I just think Greenwood overpriced himself and he doesn't have the size that Saban likes so there was no need to spend the money on a guy who doesn't fit what you're trying to do. I wish him the best in Houston.

Yes. letting him go was a no brainer, especially given the cap situation back then.

[QUOTE='Phins & 'Canes]But you have to admit, it's been a much better off-season than last years right? :D
[/QUOTE]

Very, very much so ;)

Yeah, mabye I shouldn't get all torn up about Greenwood, I hope he has a good time with his cash in Houston and we can focus on guys like Crowder and mabye even Jason Taylor playing linebacker :D

I really think it stunk to lose Jim Bates. It will kill me to see Green Bay have a top 5 defense. But as far as Greenwood goes, I don't think he was worth as much as the Texans paid for him.

I am sure that we would of kept Greenwood if he didn't want so much money. And i sure hope that Crowder will play more better then what Greenwood played.

the two things that i am disapointed in is .

a. not hearing " we're really close" and "uh well uh from the standpoint of our qb"

b. not finding a good looking woman to take home and spank.

:roflmao: :jetssuck: :troops:

mercury 40 said:
b. not finding a good looking woman to take home and spank.

clear.gif

In between the time that he was named a starter and the time he signed with Houston, did you ever hear his name? That's a good thing because he wasn't messing up, but a bad thing because he never did anything out of the ordinary. Average and a 5 year commitment for more than 4 mill per don't equate.

Of course, you'd hear him

"Willis McGahee 98 yard run, Morlon Greenwood with the TD-saving tackle"
"Greenwood misses a tackle"
"Tackle by Greenwood"
etc, etc, etc....

(1st one was hyperbole :goof: )

Greenwood is proof positive of why you don't build a team through free agency. You spend what they did on Greenwood when you're one piece of the puzzle away. Don't worry, they won't be getting their money's worth on him. We got Channing Crowder, who's a better talent for less money. And Donnie Spragan will be just as good for a whole lot less too.

Adam First said:
Of course, you'd hear him

"Willis McGahee 98 yard run, Morlon Greenwood with the TD-saving tackle"
"Greenwood misses a tackle"
"Tackle by Greenwood"
etc, etc, etc....

(1st one was hyperbole :goof: )

Eh, you literal piece of crap. ;) :lol:

Back
Top Bottom