I'm getting tired of GRIESE!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm getting tired of GRIESE!!!

Boone

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
We will do fine with Jay...he's tough and got enough heart to lead this team all the way! Sage will be okay...if we give him the reps in practice and get him ready to be #2...Brian will be a major distraction to the team...lets just forget about him and move on...this team is loaded with talent and the Dolphins don't need to get caught up in some media circus of QB controversy...if we need another veteran QB for back-up...please just sign O'Donnell...he's still got some skill left in the tank.

I hope Jay stays healthy ALL YEAR and plays well...

clear.gif

We all hope Jay will stay healthy but with all due respect I don't believe the buzz surrounding Griese had much at all to do with Jay Fiedler. It had everything to do with the fact that we lost out on a championship run because we had a quarterback who hadn't had enough starting experience to be able to direct a safe offense without getting overly emotional or excited.

As of right now, there's no reason to believe that Sage Rosenfels should be much more effective in his first ever starts in the NFL should he need to hit the game, and forget Akili Smith, we've already seen him play games and with him we KNOW he plays terrible. I'm as optimistic as anyone about Sage, but we take an aweful gamble with him being primary backup.

A gamble we lost this season already. A gamble that cost us a championship run.

Ok, but first I'd rather see if Griese will come here. Despite what you might read in the media, the chances are still extremely high that he lands here because here is where he wants to be. Right now, this is just his agent posturing and trying to get some incentives. He knows this is just a one year deal but he has to be extremely worried that if he allows Griese to be paid like a true backup quarterback, then when Griese becomes a free agent again GMs will tend to forget what Griese did in the past and will remember the backup QB contract he just got....thats what they will remember when they hit the negotiating table anyway and Griese won't be able to go from backup QB contract to long-term mega-deal. At least if he's got millions in incentives laced into the contract even if Griese doesnt play or reach the incentives Cindrich can claim it was all a special case and he didnt play merely because the Dolphins committed to Jay Fiedler thats all. I believe most of this posturing is about what Griese can get in his NEXT contract not what he can get in this one.

Besides...whats the rush? The QB school is over, we've got weeks until the next one. I say keep tryin to wear down Cindrich until it looks like O'Donnell will be taken off the market.

I think Griese is the right choice for a backup, and the current situation shows the class of the phins organization. While RC postures in the media all that comes out in the media from the phins is completely professional.
I don't want Sage to be a broken finger away from driving this ferrari of a team we've put together. Even if Greise is sipping gatorades with vodka on the sideline he'd be better than pucas or Sage.
Dealing with agents is part of the business. The media hype surrounding Griese leading up to these negotiations empowered RC somewhat, he's promoting himself and taking advantage of the situation because this is the only real nfl news item right now.
Give it a few days. He's got a job to do. He's just sand in the vaseline.
:pirate:

I agree, in the end they'll strike somethin that saves face for both sides I think. They'll find a way to give Brian some leverage in his next contract and a way to send the right message to the team and media that Brian Griese is merely holding Jay Fiedler's jockstrap, the team didn't sign him because he could be Miami's next superstar they merely signed him to borrow some talent as insurance for Fiedler gettin injured.

In case anyone is wondering... My avatar is a male.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
We all hope Jay will stay healthy but with all due respect I don't believe the buzz surrounding Griese had much at all to do with Jay Fiedler. It had everything to do with the fact that we lost out on a championship run because we had a quarterback who hadn't had enough starting experience to be able to direct a safe offense without getting overly emotional or excited.

actually, he HAD starting experience. and he was extremely effective in NY back in '99. that is what is so baffling about him. he played great in NY, then looked as though he couldnt start on a pee wee team in miami...yes, he was the SINGLE #1 reason miami didnt get a sniff at the postseason, but i still cannot figure out why that is.

yeah we wont have to worry about the tampering violation, the way there dragging this one out. i wonder if this is all set up i doubt tho .nothing like a good conspiracy therory.:cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom