I'm Going to do a 180 on Carter...Or, At Least a 170 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm Going to do a 180 on Carter...Or, At Least a 170

Cranx

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
On this MB I've been one of the most outspoken critics of Chris Carter coming to the 'Fins this season and I still don't love the idea. However, if he does finally decide to go to Miami I'm not going to go nuts and I'll just have to hope (and pray) that he can keep his mouth shut and just play up to his HOF billing.

Based on published reports it appears as though Carter is leaning towards playing (I think he's jealous of Jerry Rice) and the only team currently on his radar is- you guessed it- the 'Fins. In fact, the decision could come as early as Monday.

If he can keep his mouth shut, this may be a very positive acquisition. If not, then this could prove to be the downfall of the offense in 2002. I guess we'll all just have to wait and see.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
Looks like he's coming to Miami:

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/3078583.htm

''We'll talk again after the draft, but I feel like we can work something out,'' said Carter, who lives in Boca Raton. ``Right now, [the Dolphins are] very involved in the draft and they probably want to wait until the beginning of next week.

``I'm not going to play in the wrong situation. Miami is the best situation. They have always been at the top of my list. It's a matter of working out the details. I think it's a good fit. If they can structure a deal that works, we'll be fine.''

''I don't think playing for a lot of teams would enhance my career,'' he said. ``Teams that don't have a chance to win, and I mean win a Super Bowl, that doesn't make a lot of sense. I'm not playing just to play.''

EVen if Carter is the second-leading receiver in NFL history I do not see where and how we would get enough cap money to give him much a contract, particularly a signing bonus.

P.S. Thank you Mike Tice
''After talking to him, he'll do whatever he can do to fulfill that one hole in his résumé,'' Tice said. ``I told him [Miami is] one Cris Carter away from a Super Bowl, and I truly believe that.''

I have a feeling he will sign that 1.5 million contract or it will be a 2 year contract with a minimum first year salary and a 2 million salary next year with a million signing bonus.

I'm sure Spielman can figure it out if they want to sign him and he really wants to play since Miami will be the only team that will put up with him.

Last I heard we were about 3.3 million under the cap? That gives room to sign our rooks....sign Sinclair for the $450,000 cap exemption, sign Carter and probably still have money to add a couple low price players.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
Last I heard we were about 3.3 million under the cap? That gives room to sign our rooks....sign Sinclair for the $450,000 cap exemption, sign Carter and probably still have money to add a couple low price players.
plus whatever money we save when we make our 6/1 cuts, i.e. T Perry

Originally posted by Expo88
On this MB I've been one of the most outspoken critics of Chris Carter coming to the 'Fins this season and I still don't love the idea. However, if he does finally decide to go to Miami I'm not going to go nuts and I'll just have to hope (and pray) that he can keep his mouth shut and just play up to his HOF billing.

Based on published reports it appears as though Carter is leaning towards playing (I think he's jealous of Jerry Rice) and the only team currently on his radar is- you guessed it- the 'Fins. In fact, the decision could come as early as Monday.

If he can keep his mouth shut, this may be a very positive acquisition. If not, then this could prove to be the downfall of the offense in 2002. I guess we'll all just have to wait and see.

"If he can keep his mouth shut". Pretty much sums it up. This would be a big test for JF. As the leader of the O, he`d have to keep CC on a short leash. If he does that successfully, he`d further gain the respect of his teammates. If he can`t.................

Yup 88.......I guess we`ll just have to wait and see.

As for how we're going to fit his salary in, we managed to give OJ some nice money to do nothing the past two seasons no problem...

It sounds like we are finally loading up the O. Jay is going to have every opportunity to become the QB he thinks he is. I have a gut feeling that Chris Carter will become a phin, and thus I will support him. Is it just me...or does anyone else "feel" the pieces coming together and locking into place?!? I haven't been this pumped up for a season in quite a while. :D :D :D

I'm with ya 54...

...we've made progress regardless of whether CC Senior signs up. Personally I am happy for him to become a Phin, but on the franchise's terms, rather than his own. If we have a role for him, which I'm sure we do, and he's willing to fulfill that role (no more/no less) at a price that's appropriate to the role, everyone will be happy.

But I can honestly see him retiring because the deal isn't sufficient, or the role isn't big enough. Bah! Humbug! to his claims that it's all about a chance to get a ring. If it was, he'd have done everything in his power to make the Rams deal work and would not have worried about the money. It was a fair deal, which he blew to flirt with Cleveland, a non-entity where SB potential is concerned.

We're going to San Diego with or without him :evil: . Level with us Chris, is it SB or BS? Go Phins!

CC Sr should have an incentive laden contract with a clause that negates all the other incentives if/when we win the SB

Originally posted by dolphan39
CC Sr should have an incentive laden contract with a clause that negates all the other incentives if/when we win the SB

He should have a contract that says he won`t get paid if he speaks! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom