I'm going to run a Madden 2002 simulation for the San Fran game | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm going to run a Madden 2002 simulation for the San Fran game

That's All Folks!

According to Madden 2002, we shall win in a squeaker 30-27. We opened with 2 turnovers which gave us 14 points. Our defense dominated the first half, holding a potent 49ers offense to only 10 points. We led at that point 24-10. The 3rd Quarter was more of the same, strong defense, but the offense stalled. We put another field goal up to go 27-10, but on the Niners next possession, Garcia threw a 72 yard bomb to Owens. The quarter ended with us still leading 27-17. The 49ers missed a critical field goal in this quarter as well. The defense held strong, but the offense just could not move the ball in the 4th. As a result the 49ers were able to put up 10 points to tie the game. With about 4 minutes to go, the Dolphins offense awakened and drove downfield deep into the red zone. Unfortunately they only came away with a field goal, but only 0:49 remained on the clock. The 49ers took control of the ball, but the clock ran out on them as the reached field goal range. Let's pray we blow out these 49ers this week, a win like that will be great to carry into New England for the AFC East title!

:monkey: San Fran, you're NEXT!

Wow, Lamar was bad, 33 carries for 66 yards. Fiedler, aside from the interceptions, was good. Of course it is just Madden, and the game will look nothing like that. On Madden, stats are always inflated. I once got a 800 yard passing game with Marino on an old one.:)

They aren't THAT inflated!

For a video football game, running 15:00 quarters, I'd say the stats were pretty realistic. If they were older games, I'd bet we'd have over a thousand yards on offense and scored almost 100 points! :lol: Madden 2002 is as realistic as it gets. ;)

What...no Chambers?:( :cry: Is he not on that one? I know he isn't on 2001..of course..but I created some guys to fill his shoes on that one ;)

Chambers is in there

Chambers is in the game, but not starting, and definitely not highly ranked. This is only because they use rosters from early August I think. You can edit players in the game, so if you wanted to you could degrade players who aren't up to snuff and upgrade those players who are getting hot. Good for all the Chambers and Thomas and Alexanders out there ;)

Madden 2003 will have Chambers a superstar.:) If they don't, then they will show that they are retarded.

Wouldn't it be cool if they had him on the cover of the games :eek: :D

Game summary Madden-style

To summarize the game tonight.......bottom line, the Dolphins have gone back to their "heartattack team" status. The game started out strong, but became disheartening towards the end. :mad: Thank goodness we have Mare on the team. We had an INCREDIBLE amount of offense tonight. :eek: Possibly an NFL record game. :lol: Quite honestly, the defense came to play in the first half, but forgot to come out of the locker room after halftime. :mad: Apparently, for us, a good running game will never exist. :rolleyes: The Dolphins were generous in giving away 3 turnovers, but the 49ers were almost as kind by giving 2 back. :) No surprise that we killed ourselves with penalities once again. :yell: Our time of possession was quite impressive nontheless. :) Many thanks goes out to all the Dolphin prayers tonight for San Fran to miss their field goal. The fans truly make it happen when the team can not. Has God changed teams (an exCowboy fan :lol: ) and now roots for the Dolphins? We have won some on a wing and a prayer. It never hurts to have the big man in your corner. Good thing he likes us because the Patriots are next. :eek:

Dolphins 10-3 BABY!!!

Sweet Summary

:lol: :lol: :lol: Great summary miadphan13, you never fail to amuse me :)

Don't worry folks, I'm confident that if we jump to an early lead, we'll keep it. It is a video game ya know!

Next Week's Madden 2002 Simulation
Miami Dolphins @ New England Patriots

Back
Top Bottom