I'm gonna get bashed for this, but.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm gonna get bashed for this, but....

I agree with you. I was actually geniunely sad to see him go. He was a great players coach, unfortunately that doesn't cut it in the NFL.

colmax said:
he wasn't a bad person

I don't know how many times I've heard how great a guy Wanny was/is, but when all is said and done. Nice guys finish last. Wanny's problem was that he was too nice of a guy, and far too loyal. I watched so many games where we were getting our a$$es handed to us, and all I wished for was a little emotion on his part. Instead of running his hand through his hair, he should have been chewing a$$. You can't be a leader, and be everyone's buddy at the same time.

Wanny sucked. If I ever saw him in person I'd hit him. I'd run him over with my car. I'd do anything. I hate him.

AtlantaPhin said:
Not necessarily true. He'd call out a position and say we didn't get it done there. He just didn't say the players name.

That's what I call passing blame, not coaching.

The only thing to like about Dave Wannstedt as coach of the miami dolphins is that he no longer holds that title.

I didn't know Jay Fiedler posted on this board? :roflmao:

Seriously though, Wanny was a good person but that doesn't equal into a good coach. I bet he will be fine at Pitt though. This upcoming season Pitt will be playing my Youngstown State Penguins (Division 1-AA). Think Wanny will find a way to choke? I may have to go and find out.

Yeah, he IS a good person. Like I originally posted, I'm glad he's gone, but I don't hate the guy.

I posted this because I saw plenty of Wanny bashers out there. IMO, he's a non-issue. I never disliked his character, but I hated his lack of coaching poise. He never lit a fire in this team's a$$!

And yeah, he did call out positions, but not players by name. I meant that, though. Should've elaborated.

I am sure jills fans, jest fans, and patsy fans loved him. I don't care how nice the guy was, if his horrible decisions weren't enough to make you loathe him, that should be.

colmax said:
I kind of liked Dave and his "Wanny-isms." The one thing I really liked about the guy was that he was a player's coach. I cannot remember him ever calling out a player within the media. He always dodged the tough question with a Wanny-ism. From the players' "standpoint," he was a pretty good guy. He just wasn't a good enough coach to get this team to the Big One. I'm glad he's gone, but he wasn't a bad person, he just made horrible decisions as a coach.

The only advise I can give you is.....It's ok, we'll be ok, and you'll get over it...it took me less than a millisecond to get over it...I think we can all view things from you standpoint.

DW was a good guy in over his head as a head coach. Nothing more / nothing less. Many people here (including me) are 'nice guys' / likable etc. that would do a lot worse then him in that position. I'm glad he's gone but wish him luck at the collegiate level which will be easier for him to manage.

i met Dave once, he was a nice guy, very personable, actually talked to you, seemed like a good guy to sit down and have dinnner with, however, he did not seem like a football coach, he lacked that fire, that excitement, that edginess, good guy, just not the best coach.

Back
Top Bottom