Im Gonna Say It... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Im Gonna Say It...

Flipping The Bird Middle Finger GIF

omar on there is much better than just joe and hollywood.

but joe himself really offers nothing by way of analysis/insight (that he should be able to provide as a former player).

i like joe and his show, i listen every morning driving to work, but only a rare guest brings anything that i would consider insightful, and even then his questions seem to be read off a list with no follow up or true discussion.

but joe himself really offers nothing by way of analysis/insight (that he should be able to provide as a former player).

i like joe and his show, i listen every morning driving to work, but only a rare guest brings anything that i would consider insightful, and even then his questions seem to be read off a list with no follow up or true discussion.

This.

Basic casual knowledge.

I highly enjoy the Joe Rose show... even when Omar is on. Yeah I said it!!!!
I do also. Because they talk Dolphins all the time. I just hate when Joe asks Omar questions and opinions on certain aspects of the game that only a player or ex player could answer. It sounds so stupid of Joe to take Omar that seriously

Agreed. At most it's about entertainment. No real knowledge is imparted. In my experience those who understand football well tend to be bothered by the stupidity, but those with a more casual understanding don't notice it as much so they aren't bothered by it.

He has the same formula in pregame shows, if the Dolphins lost last week they need to [block, tackle, catch the ball, run etc.] better this week.
If the Dolphins won they need to make sure they continue to [block, tackle, catch the ball, run etc.] again this week
He has quite possibly the easiest job in the world.

Agreed. At most it's about entertainment. No real knowledge is imparted. In my experience those who understand football well tend to be bothered by the stupidity, but those with a more casual understanding don't notice it as much so they aren't bothered by it.
Mandich entertained and i was always interested to hear his educated take on all things dolphins as well.

Joe could do both as well, i just don't know why he chooses not to (unless he just really can't talk football on a former-professional-player level for whatever reason).

Living in PA, I've never really heard the Joe Rose show, so I'm talking out my *** a little here:
it baffles me how a mediocre TE from 40 years ago who apparently doesn't do much to further discourse can have a radio show for as long as he has.
Am I getting the wrong impression about him from a handful of posts? Surely he must bring something to the table.
Please enlighten me.

Living in PA, I've never really heard the Joe Rose show, so I'm talking out my *** a little here:
it baffles me how a mediocre TE from 40 years ago who apparently doesn't do much to further discourse can have a radio show for as long as he has.
Am I getting the wrong impression about him from a handful of posts? Surely he must bring something to the table.
Please enlighten me.
You can listen to them on the audacy app. In my opinion your getting the wrong impression. These guys are very entertaining and while yes, it's not so much an Xs and Os type environment, they do talk alot about the phins. Joe still has some inside sources but you can tell it's not very in depth. You just ha e to take it for what it is. I'm not sure why people gripe about it being at such a level that isn't up to some of the peoples around here standards. I think they're being kind of snotty about it. Probably because it doesn't align with what their thoughts are about some certain players and situations about our team.

Please enlighten me.
He's likable, a former Fin, entertaining, and the Fins are often the subject of conversation.

That's 'bout it.

Back
Top Bottom