I'm irritated | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm irritated

Scrap

Go Fins
Reaction score
I hear soooooo many people talking about Jr. as if he's a washed up old geezer. (Okay, maybe that's exagerrating.)The guy was a pro bowl alternate last year.( Even though he had an injury.) Maybe he doesn't play as well as he once did, but he still has some game in him. A lot of people talk as if all they care about is that he provides leadership, and an upgrade at his position. I want a pro bowl caliber player out of him.I want more than just an upgrade. Not just someone to fill the spot for a few years, and be a leader. As a matter of fact, I expect him to play at that level, and nothing less. Is anyone else frustrated with the "over the hill" image that he seems to have aquired? Or am I taking what I'm hearing/reading wrong?

Works out better for us... I would rather have a Hungry Seau with something to prove than a Satisfied one, no matter what his physical state...

But yes, I believe you are correct, the rumors of his demise are greatly exaggerated.

Originally posted by ScrappyDew
I hear soooooo many people talking about Jr. as if he's a washed up old geezer. (Okay, maybe that's exagerrating.)The guy was a pro bowl alternate last year.( Even though he had an injury.) Maybe he doesn't play as well as he once did, but he still has some game in him. A lot of people talk as if all they care about is that he provides leadership, and an upgrade at his position. I want a pro bowl caliber player out of him.I want more than just an upgrade. Not just someone to fill the spot for a few years, and be a leader. As a matter of fact, I expect him to play at that level, and nothing less. Is anyone else frustrated with the "over the hill" image that he seems to have aquired? Or am I taking what I'm hearing/reading wrong?

Jr may very well be "washed up" but even so, he will still be better than Derrick Rodgers so that is a bIG plus. IMO, Jr's biggest contribution to this team should be his leadership with maniac-style he posesses and hopefully it will rub off on the rest of the team, especially Wannstedt. That, IMO again, will be the key to our season and hopefully it will all come together.

this will make you feel better...

Most significant change: On a team that needed a more vocal, more influential veteran leader, LB Junior Seau provides a 180-degree change. Seau not only should keep the troops in line, but he upgrades the weak-side LB spot and allows for more variety in the form of LB blitzes.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp03/dolphins.html

he gives up a better WSLB and adds vet. leadership :mocool:

Its just a matter of the media not getting peoples hopes up. I mean the last time we saw Seau in action, the last 10 games or so of 2002, he was a shell of his former self. Seau says it was the ankle. Maybe thats true. But if the media bought it and acclaimed Seau as the Seau of old joining the cast in Miami, there's no story during the season when Seau tears it up.

This way, the media gets to cast a light on Seau as a little washed up during the offseason, and if he tears it up during the season, they get to write 1000 columns and stories about how Seau has 'rejuvenated his career in Miami' and etc.

He has worked harder than anyone I have ever seen. He is going to be really really good this year. I have a feeling.

we'l find out soon enough how good he still is.everything else is just talk at this point.

Ozzy rules!!

how much is Junior getting paid in Miami? (social security checks not included of course):nana:

Let them all say what they want to about him. That will only make him want to prove them wrong even that more much worse.

Originally posted by WeVie
Let them all say what they want to about him. That will only make him want to prove them wrong even that more much worse.
You mean he's reading my posts!?:eek:

I say let the papers still say he's washed up and over the hill. Hopefully they'll try going in his direction during the game with that mindset. When that happens they will SAY OWWW to a different tune. And later in hte season other teams will see his success and shy away from him which will help him save his body for the SB run.
:judge:

Back
Top Bottom